Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Leopard support?
  •  
bennyboy

Send a private message to this user
Hey all

4 days until Leopard and Leopard Server is released so I was wondering if the current version will work with Leopard? Id like to get a server set up with Leopard and Kerio MailServer and migrate my current setup to it. Any info about the compatibility would be great.

Thanks
  •  
My IT Indy

Good question. I will say that I've run into iSync connector issues with leopard client. Entourage users should be unaffected.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
bennyboy

Hey

Thanks for your reply. Im more concerned about the running of the MailServer it self under 10.5. Ill obviously be testing 10.5 for a good while before deploying it but it would be good to get an official response about 10.5 support (Universal support would be nice to!)

Cheers
  •  
My IT Indy

I manage more than a few OS X Servers for clients and my official response on Leopard server is to wait. If they want to move forward that's up to them, and I will set it up for them, however if we run across problems we might not be able to fix them immediately.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
bennyboy

Its cool as im in charge of IT here and its all in house so ill always be on hand. Im asking this question for the future really, just be nice to know if the server would work with 10.5. It seems like most companies are being quiet with regards to announcing support for 10.5....may be just me Wink
  •  
My IT Indy

If your company can swing it, I highly recommend getting an ADC membership for $500. You get access to pre-release versions of OS X and OS X Server. There are HUGE changes to OD with Leopard that might throw fit with anything that's integrated.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
sonofcolin

If it isn't broken......
I wouldn't dream of moving the current install of KMS onto 10.5. 10.4.10 works just fine! I see no advantage in doing so.

For the future, with feature upgrades to KMS which make use of 10.5 exclusive features it may be worthwhile, but for now no chance!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

bennyboy wrote on Mon, 22 October 2007 17:01

Its cool as im in charge of IT here and its all in house so ill always be on hand. Im asking this question for the future really, just be nice to know if the server would work with 10.5. It seems like most companies are being quiet with regards to announcing support for 10.5....may be just me Wink

It's very hard to publish that something works (or does not work) with Leopard before final Mac OS release. Due to NDA it is not possible to publish any information about unreleased versions.
  •  
bennyboy

Im just thinking out loud with regards to moving in to another server. Anyway I can think of a few good reasons to move it (like having a dedicated xserve or Mac Pro handing Kerio email).
  •  
My IT Indy

You don't even need OS X Server to handle KMS. You can use OS X Client without issue. Take the money you save from not having to buy the Server OS and make your KMS server better, say with the RAID card or with more ram.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
bennyboy

Im getting Leopard Server what ever happens as I want it for iCal Server and Directory, so I figure if I have the budget for a server too it would be more cost effective to get that with 10.5 pre-installed. Hence reason for my post as one day I may want to get Kerio MailServer moved over to it and have some redundancy and move over some of the services on to a 2nd server (instead of having all the services on one server).

[Updated on: Tue, 23 October 2007 17:45]

•  
jefflessard

But the question remains, can we upgrade to Leopard client with iSync connector 6.4.1?

I'm sure the NDA does not forbid you to tell us that, 2 days prior to the release?

regards,

Jeff
  •  
bennyboy

I personally cant believe an NDA would stop you from saying if your software is / isnt compatible with Leopard...look at FileMaker (yes I know they are a subsidy of Apple) and Adobe! Would just be nice to know if you have been doing some testing with 10.5 Wink

Ben
  •  
My IT Indy

Well, considering that Leopard Final hasn't been released yet they could only speculate at this point as to its' compatibility. Once it's been released into the wild then they can test it some more.

Apple's a bit weird about releaseing GM's before release day.

-
My IT Indy
bennyboy

Of course, thats very true....But im sure that the very last few builds would be stable enough to use. Im sure most other companies, may be larger ones, have been testing their software to a certain degree. I know the company couldn't be 100% sure, thats impossible as its not final release of 10.5, but I thought they would have some ideas about compatibility. Smile
Previous Topic: firefox popup blocking
Next Topic: KMS support downloading the blacklists (using RSYNC) instead of using them by dns requests?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 17:59:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00532 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.