Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mirroring Redundant Backup Server
  •  
migsutu

Send a private message to this user
I have been searching on the forums here for a bit and have found some bits of information. Does Kerio Mail Server support running a second server which mirrors all the data, so if there should be a failure, it will automatically switch over to the other server without the user even knowing something went wrong?

I have read a little about the Double-Take option. I was wondering if there is a native feature that can do something like this built into Kerio. I figured the two servers would talk to each other to keep all data synced, with each serving having an mx record, with the main server having priority.

Any help or thoughts is appreciated. Thanks.
  •  
adontz

FYI: I did not do the following by myself! Probably it will work, maybe it will not.

In terms of windows environment it must be possible to run two servers with the same configuration in NLB (Network Load Balancing) cluster, while data store will be on DFS (Distributed File System) folder. Actually you will need only two servers because one and the same server can be node of both NLB and DFS cluster. Active Directory is required, but servers do not have to be domain controllers.

Problem I see is simultaneous access to folder index files by both servers, however I think we should never get this case.

Please TEST this before use in production environment. Your question is very interesting and I want to get know if configuration I described above is valid, but unfortunatly I do not have extra servers to test it at this moment.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 October 2007 02:04]

•  
jslh

Yeah, mee too been searching for such solution for long, but Kerio technical never supported nor recommended as it has not been tested by them.

Saw this news from Kerio webite "October 9, 2007
Marathon Technologies Partners With Kerio Technologies to Provide Continuous Email Availability to SMB Market" and it si sound interesting!

I have seen the article but never clearly stated what would happend or how it will handle (especially on the indexing)should the primary fail.

They offer both HA & FT on the Virtual concept.

BTW, it is available on windows platform.

Anyone has any idea or perhaps, the reseller who implemented it in Goodlettsville, TN willing to share their experience with us!

Regards / Jslh
  •  
migsutu

I won't be able to test anything our right away since I have not installed Kerio yet, I am just trying to get everything worked out in my mind before I do the install. I hope to get it installed within the next couple of weeks. I will reply here with additional information at that time. Thank you for the information.
Previous Topic: Strange Kerio Outlook Connector/Spam Toolbar
Next Topic: Kerio Webmail /exchange folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:51:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00854 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.