Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS on Leopard Server 10.5 server (DOes KMS 6.4.1 run on Leopard 10.5 server?)
  •  
appleisp

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am rolling out a new Intel Xserve and a G5 xserve with 10.5 server aka Leopard server and would like to know if KMS 6.4.1 will run on this setup?
  •  
My IT Indy

I wouldn't do it personally. Wait for 6.5 if you can.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
appleisp

Is there an expectation in which date direction for the arrival of KMS 6.5 we have to think or is it unknown.
  •  
My IT Indy

"soon"

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
appleisp

Can you give me some more info on your statement SOON as we are upgrading to new server with 10.5 server.

Willem
  •  
kevinneal

Same situation here, got Leopard Server up and running, the only thing stopping us using it in a production environment in KMS

Would be great to know if we can expect it this year or not?
  •  
henrihoffmann

Hi,

any way to get a leopard compatible beta version? Currently I have to upgrade to Leopard server and forced to switch to a Vmware Fusion Linux solution when Kerio is not available within the next week.

Thanks a lot in advance

Henri
  •  
microalps

The beta will soon be available for the general public. We're sweating here testing this out for you so you can have a solid product when it's released. It will be released as soon as it's ready to be used in a real environment. Kerio is not delaying at all -- they want this released more than you do! But of course they don't need their support to be full of complaints, so of course they need to go through the beta stage.

May I ask why you 'had to upgrade'? What is there to gain for a KMS server if it can't take advantage of the new OSX improvements? I'd have waited a bit for the kinks to be out before upgrading to a new version (or never paid for an upgrade). Servers tend to be outdated more often than up-to-date.
  •  
kevinneal

Don't know about other people but we needed to buy a new Xserve, which as you know
comes pre installed with Leopard, it wasn't a matter of choosing to upgrade.
  •  
henrihoffmann

Hi,

I'am forced to move to leopard server, because the MacPro 3.0 is running with Tiger 10.4.10 Client (not Server) and I have delayed the migration to a server version as long as possible. Dont want to buy a Tiger Server (and spend same amount of money some weeks later) and now I need the Macos server functions for other (not Kerio related) services...
Have only one Mac "server" witch is this MacPro, other servers are IBM p505 (AIX),
IBM x346 (SLES 10), Dell (VMware ESX).
Just have a few users, so a beta would be very helpfull.

Thanks in advance

Henri
  •  
henrihoffmann

Hi,
after few hours, Kerio 6.4.1 Patch 1 runs now on my Leopard server, mail seams to work without problems.

Henri
  •  
henrihoffmann

Hi,
just upgrade to beta 6.5. Very good job done. Works well (first impression) including the Leopard sync stuff.

Thanks a lot.

Henri
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

henrihoffmann wrote on Tue, 27 November 2007 00:37

Hi,
just upgrade to beta 6.5. Very good job done. Works well (first impression) including the Leopard sync stuff.

Thanks a lot.

Henri

I hope you really know what you're doing. Running beta in production environment is not recommended. Smooth upgrade between beta versions or from beta to RC is not guaranteed.
  •  
xxai

Hello All,
I'm new to kerio.
Please is there any real distinction between the administrator account and a user with read/write privileges???
I just took over managing my server (I have read/write privilege).Do i have the same privilege as the administrator (hes the administrator) that created my account???
I feel i don't have enough permission,like seeing a log of forwarded mails.
Previous Topic: German: Kein Nachrichtenempfang einer bestimmten Mailingliste
Next Topic: Usercount for license
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 22:11:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00462 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.