Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Secure webmail gpg
  •  
grack

Send a private message to this user
Hello does anybody have an idear how do i can install gpg on the webinterface to get secure mail on der kerio webmail.

Is there a plugin for kerio
Or is there a work around for that.

thanks
grack
  •  
My IT Indy

Just out of curiosity, what security does PGP give you that an SSL cert doesn't?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
grack

tell me if i am wrong
but the ssl cert make a secure conection betwin the mail client or the webbrowser an the mail server??

and with gpg i can crypt the mail an the mail is just readebel
for the user how should get it an not for the hole world like a postcard.

so gpg give me more security
  •  
Ern

Hi, exactly!
I want to do the same thing. SSL dont help securing SMTP connections between servers not in any way. And also many mail servers dont accept secure SMTP connections. So, the only way is to encrypt whole email. I just searched, but not find any option to insert sertificates. I dont need no any 3rd party sertificate, I need Microsoft compatible sertificates and I can generate them myself with my windows server sertificate authority service. The sertificate must be client sertificate (not server sertificate and with public/private key pair),so when I send mail, I must use public key and recipient who reads this mail, must use private key. The only problem is that Kerio Connect seems not allow to input sertificates into user accounts. Of course I like to use Kerio own webmail, not Outlook that can do it already.
Previous Topic: Godaddy SSL
Next Topic: Appointments on iPhone calender not accepting...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 05:54:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.