Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail Server Near Death - Will this backup work?
  •  
mcw82

Send a private message to this user
Running Kerio 6.4.1 on a Windows 2003 configured with Raid 5. Two drives went offline. I was able to force them back online via Perc Bios.

I tried to zip the mail store but for whatever reason, couldn't copy it off the server. Error stated path was too deep and then aborted. So I spent another 3 hours performing a normal copy of the entire mail store onto a removable drive. I also copied the license file, kerio and user config files, and the ssl key folder.

In the mean time, I downloaded and installed the latest version of Kerio onto another desktop.

What is the best way to move my backup to the desktop incase things go south even further?

- copy store from removable drive to local drive of desktop
- copy two .cfg files to Kerio folder (modify kerio config to point to new path of mail store)
- copy ssl key folder to Kerio folder
- copy license file to Kerio folder (not even sure if this is needed since the eval is fully functional for 30 days?)

Will I have permission issues with the mail store based on how I copied it? Will the .cfg files return the backup server to what I have now, including all server settings and users? Are there any other modifications to the .cfg I need to do other than placing the correct path to the new message store?

Once the primary mail server comes back online, do I repeat the above process?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

[Updated on: Sun, 04 November 2007 13:28]

Previous Topic: Search body of message in archived message search?
Next Topic: Group with an Alias
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:32:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00369 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.