Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Re-installed Outlook - Where are my Emails!??!
  •  
themillgroup

Send a private message to this user
Hi Guys

This is presumably a really easy task bu Im new to Kerio so bear with me!

Ive removed a user profile from a PC in the office and removed the Outlook profile with it. Sad Ive set up the persons outlook successfully already but they need all the emails, tasks, etc back in their inbox.

Is there anyway of downloading all previous mail, calendar, etc back into outlook?

Thanks in advance for all your help
  •  
microalps

I'm assuming the user used POP/IMAP in the past and now is using Kerio. Use Outlook to the do the following steps on the client machine using his login:

1) Click File > Import/Export
2) Choose Import from another program > Next
3) Choose Personal Folder File (.pst) > Next
4) Click browse > Choose profilename.pst > open
5) Follow on screen instructions to complete the import
  •  
themillgroup

Sorry, I haven't used Kerio before but Im assuming that the person that kerio on our network has done so incorrectly because all of the computers on the network retrieve emails through POP3.

After an afternoons worth of blind research Im guessing that I have to set up an active directory and have all the users outlook's configured to access the emails this way?

am I on the right track?!

If anyone could give me an idiots guide to doing this then that would be great, I've a feeling I'm in way over my head here!

Thanks

Graham
  •  
microalps

Kerio supports standard POP / IMAP client connections. However, to utilize Kerio's full groupware system, clients should be using the special Kerio Outlook Connector (KOC). The previous administrator may have chosen not to do so due to the overhead or due to the fact that it does not support caching currently (or a combination of both). That said, I would not jump into KOC blind-headed, but would research it further to see if it is necessary or maybe worth it to wait till the end of the year when a new and improved KOC will be released, G-d willing.

Now that you explained a little of your circumstances, I stand corrected slightly. Step 4 should say

4) Click browse > Choose oldprofilename.pst > open

This should import all his old messages into the new profile.
Previous Topic: Virtual Appliance
Next Topic: UCC (Multiple Domain) Certificates
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 22:13:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00402 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.