Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF doesn't route internet to lan
  •  
aiwex

Send a private message to this user
hello,

I have a small home-lan of 10 computers, and I would like to try, and probably to use KWF. I have downloaded WFF 6.4.0, but I can't make it route my internet connection to LAN. I have studied all the manual inside the program, i tried to search this forum, or google, but that haven't helped me.

After installation, i used the wizard, to create some rules (I attach the image of my rules). After wizard had finished, I noticed, that LAN-card, that LAN is connected to, 'has limited or no connectivity'. If I enable 'Internet connection sharing' from Windows, KWF sees all the traffic (and maybe even some, or all the functions work), but if i disable ICS, my LAN-card becomes the limited-connectivity again. I found somewhere in this forum, that KWF hates RTL-chipset-based lan cards, so i bought another lan card that has other chipset, but that didn't help neither.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanx

• Attachment: traffic.JPG
    (Size: 40.51KB, Downloaded 634 times)
  •  
aiwex

and this is my Routing table

• Attachment: route.JPG
    (Size: 20.33KB, Downloaded 654 times)
  •  
winkelman

Are your client PC's successfully getting an IP address from the KWF's DHCP server? "Limited or no connectivity" usually means a DHCP problem.
  •  
aiwex

Client can not get any ip (or windows assigns some ip, kind of random: 169.*), because router doesn't work well. In server-router, lan-card which lan is connected to, has no connectivity, so it doesn't have a normal ip (windows gives 169.254.27.131 Smile ). As far as i know, DHCP server only gives certain ip address to a client, it should not bother about configuring router's lan card correctly. Doesn't it ?
  •  
winkelman

Well, as long as your client PC's don't receive the proper IP info, it's not gonna work.

Since KWF is a router, why do you also have another one? That's bound to give problems (if both are performing NAT).

Make sure only one DHCP server is active in the network, and make sure it's KWF. I you can't totally shut the other router off (why need it?), at least make sure its DHCP server is off.

In short: first make sure KWF's DHCP server is working and giving your clients (the proper) IP addresses, gateway, DNS, etc..
  •  
aiwex

No, you have misunderstood me. I have called the computer with KWF in it, as 'router'. I don't have any other router in my lan. AS you see in my 'Traffic policy' screenshot, i have a rule for performing NAT, but i don't know if it is correct.

From now on, i will call my computer with KWF in it, as router, if you don't mind.

I have one main question. One of my lan cards, which is connected to my isp, has an ip and works well. I can use internet in the router. Another lan card, that my LAN is connected to, has 'limited or no connectivity'.

How should i configure it ?
Should I write an ip for it manually ? I tried to set ip of that card to 192.168.0.1, but after that client still didn't get an ip address.
Or should i start some service of KWF, that would configure that card automatically (like 'Internet connection sharing' from Windows) ?

PS. KWF has automatically created a virtual interface "Kerio VPN", but that probably changes nothing .. ? By the way, i marked on 'DHCP server enabled' in KWF.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 November 2007 20:59]

•  
winkelman

Yes, you have to manually set the IP address of the LAN interface in your KWF. You should choose what IP segment you'd like to use (what range, addresses, subnetmask etc., make sure it's a private range!) and then only set the base IP address and subnetmask on the LAN interface.

Then properly configure the DHCP server in KWF (it should of course fit in with your choosen IP segment). See http://www.kerio.eu/manual/kwf/en/ch05s04.html

If you don't know anything about IP segments etc., you could for example use these settings: set the LAN card to IP 192.168.0.1, subnetmask 255.255.225.0 en set the DHCP server to distribute addresses 192.168.0.50 to 192.168.0.250 with gateway 192.168.0.1 and DNS 192.168.0.1 (assuming you've turned on the DNS forwarder in KWF as well).
  •  
aiwex

thank you, now everything seems to be working fine Smile
Previous Topic: Port 113 - Stealth Problem
Next Topic: Windows 2003 Server - Active Directory - Event Id 1030 1058
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 04:51:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.