Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Emule can't get HighId, only LowId!
  •  
lqy001

Send a private message to this user
I set a rule route the tcp/udp 4662 port to the firewall-host, and use this URL to test:
http://porttest.emule-project.net/connectiontest.php?tcpport =4662&udpport=4662&lang=1033
but I get fail.
KWF version is 6.3.1
  •  
lqy001

I'm sorry in last post emule is not running in firewall-host. when emule is running in firewallhost, I get High-ID; but When emule is running in inner pc, the rule set to translate to that inner pc, I get lowID.
  •  
starcom.8m

Well, same problem here. I found a "turn-around" solution to this. Try this traffic rule.

Rule Name: Emule
Source Internet
Destination: Firewall Host
Services: eDonkey, Emule1, Emule2
Dest Map: (IP of host running Emule):4661

Services Emule1 and Emule2 like this:

Emule1: TCP local Port range:4661-4662. Dest.Port: Any
Emule2: UDP local Port range:4671-4672. Dest Port: Any

Gooooood Luck. If you found something "consistent", please let me know!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is not "turn-around" solution. It is the solution.
You can't get high-ID if you are behind NAT unless correct ports (defined in the client) are mapped from the Internet ot the client. It was discussed zillion times in this forum.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 February 2008 14:49]

•  
starcom.8m

Hey Pavel, be cool man... Cool
What happens if you have more than one user running Emule behind your NAT server? You can MAP only one IP:Port per rule, can´t you?...
P-L-E-A-S-E tell me how I can get all the Emule users to get High ID when running concurrently at the same time. Give me your wisdom, man! Razz
  •  
winkelman

In the p2p client you can state what the listening port should be. Set this to something else on every machine and than create an incoming port map for that port to that machine in KWF.

Emule simply wasn't created with NAT-routing in mind, so there's no real nice solution, you have to make do with something manual like this.

Could also very well be that Emule won't allow any other port to be communicated and then your stuck with only one Emule capable PC on your LAN. You'd have to go complain to Emule about that, if so.
  •  
starcom.8m

I coul not agree more Winkelman, Emule sucks when dealing with NAT. Anyway I believe, based on the testing that I have been doing, that Emule will not work fine when defining a different port (other than 4661 for incoming TCP traffic), so as you say, I will have only one Emule capable PC on my LAN Mad Sad life...
Previous Topic: How to configure ICS
Next Topic: Kerio VPN Server behind firewall
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:44:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.