Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » EHLO command
  •  
jstadter

Send a private message to this user
I have been seeing a lot of dropped connections as of late. According to my debugging log, the connection is dropped immediately after my server issues the EHLO command. When the EHLO command is issued, the target smtp server closes the connection.

Also, when communicating with someone at the target server end, I got this message in reply:

"Their mail server "mail.XXX" is not responding to our mail
servers verification on the domain name.
This is enabled on our mail server as a protection for spam.
The specific log file on our mail server is below.

9072: Sep 21 18:56:55 YYY sendmail[1987]: NOQUEUE:
mail.XXX [216.XXX.XXX.XXX] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN
during connection to MTA

As a result, if no response is received from their mail server, no email
from mail.XXX will be delivered to any user."

XXX and YYY are my additions.

The hostname is set correctly on our server. I can telnet into it on port 25 and issue both HELO and EHLO commands and get valid responses. Are ther any other kinds of tests that I can run?

We also use the Postini service which uses MX record redirection, so our MX record is a little different than our FQDN. Would that affect a EHLO lookup or response?

Is there someting possibly misconfigured on our server, or is something possibly wrong at the other end?

Thanks for any help on this!
Previous Topic: Email to public Folders
Next Topic: Outlook 2007 + KOC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 13:08:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00314 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.