Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Administrator user deleted (What happens when the ONLY administrator user has been deleted?)
  •  
bernardobas

Send a private message to this user
I added a new domain to my KMS: domain2.com and added a couple of users. None of them with admin rights. I turned domain2.com into the default domain.

After that, I deleted the other domain I had (domain1.com) and then, I deleted all the users that belonged to domain1.com including the only account with admin rights (very clever, uh? Confused )

Of course, now I cannot login through the Administration console.

Is there any way to solve this issue? Maybe changing the rights of other users...
  •  
icespear

Backup, uninstall and reinstall.
then restore mail boxes.
Thats what i had to do when I did the SAME thing.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

icespear wrote on Sat, 10 November 2007 00:16

Backup, uninstall and reinstall.
then restore mail boxes.
Thats what i had to do when I did the SAME thing.

That would not be necessary.
If you're using local account, stop KMS, locate configuration file users.cfg and set variable Rights to 3 (full admin access) for selected user. Then start KMS again.
<variable name="Rights">0</variable>

If you have users mapped from AD, connect using LDAP browser to AD controller and add new attribute (or change existing) kerio-Mail-AdminRights for particular user and set it to value 3.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
bernardobas

Dear guys,

Thanks for your quick replies. I already tried changing rights to 3 (full access) with some users but I could not login.

Before deleting the admin user, I changed the default domain from domain1.com to domain2.com, and then I deleted domain1.com. I will try to login (locally as usual) with user<_a.t_>domain2.com as a username (including <_a.t_>domain2.com) as soon as the server is online. I will let you know if I have luck.

Otherwise, I am afraid the .cfg files may be damaged. I am surprised that I received no warning about deleting the logged in admin user. That is strange.

BRs,
Bernardo Bas
  •  
bernardobas

I will reply to myself...
Changing the admin rights to 3 worked. The only thing I haven't noticed the first time I tried this, was that I had to login as user<_a.t_>newdomain.com (I mean, including the domain name after the username).

Thanks a lot!!!
Previous Topic: Webmail Task Recurrence?
Next Topic: Running in a Virtual Machine
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 10:20:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.