Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SSL certificate error
  •  
pstrooij

Send a private message to this user
Last weekend I changed my firewall to use the secure ports for Kerio Mailserver instead of the standard ports. The following ports are open now: 25 (SMTP), 995 (POP3 over SSL), 993 (IMAP over SSL) and 443 (HTTPS). I've also created (and activated) a new SSL certificate in Kerio for www.mydomainname.com.

I've installed the certificate on an external computer by downloading it from http://www.mydomainname.com/server.crt. After the installation of the certificate I've tested my secure webmail by opening https://www.mydomainname.com, but Internet Explorer (7) is still having a red colored addressbar with a certificate error message. The webmail is functioning without any problems. Is there a solution for this problem?

I am using Kerio Mailserver 6.4.1 build 3679.
  •  
My IT Indy

It's because it's a self-signed cert. If you want the red X to go away then buy a cert from somebody like Thawte.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
microalps

Are you sure the self-signed cert is made out to the correct domain? If the user is accessing mail.domain1.com and the cert is made out to mail.domain2.com (or commonly localhost), even after installing the cert as a trusted cert, browsers will bug you.
  •  
pstrooij

Problem solved spontaneously. Yesterday I've installed the new certificate on the client, but got the red messages in my internet browser. Now, the next day: the browser has accepted the certificate and has no error.
  •  
microalps

Easy. It was postdated so it didn't yet become valid Very Happy. Could be due to an incorrect date on the client machine as well...

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2007 02:01]

Previous Topic: Free/Busy on Entourage
Next Topic: Block outgoing mails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 22:12:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.