Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage 2004 All exchange mail and folders disappear when using certain wifi hotspot
  •  
andrewrob

Send a private message to this user
I have several users who use Entourage 2004 and when connecting remotely from certain hotspots Entourage clears out all mail and folders as if you had no mail in your mailboxes. Then when they reconnect from a different hotspot Entourage downloads all the mail and folders again. I have also had people not able to recieve any mail at all from certain hotspots but can login by webmail, then they connect to somewhere else and they can.

Weird. Any ideas?
  •  
microalps

I assume this hotspot is not under your control. It may be that they block certain ports or even monitor traffic. Have you tried using an alternate port?
  •  
andrewrob

Well its exchange so it is port 80 which is the web port and you can browse to the webmail.
  •  
My IT Indy

Have them use secured webmail if they're at a hotspot. This is just about the safest way for them to connect.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
DavidMjps

andrewrob wrote on Mon, 12 November 2007 14:55

I have several users who use Entourage 2004 and when connecting remotely from certain hotspots Entourage clears out all mail and folders as if you had no mail in your mailboxes. Then when they reconnect from a different hotspot Entourage downloads all the mail and folders again. I have also had people not able to recieve any mail at all from certain hotspots but can login by webmail, then they connect to somewhere else and they can.

Weird. Any ideas?

Hi
I've just experienced this problem while connecting via a wireless router at a holiday house. I've been using Entourage 2004 (11.3.6) from my office and home without any problems but after connecting to the new router all my folders have disappeared!

I can connect via webmail and see everything ok.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to try an alternate connection to se if the folders will re-sync. What I don't understand is what would cause the folders to disappear.

Regards
David

[Updated on: Sun, 16 December 2007 22:32]

Previous Topic: Internal Error NSCFDate timezone
Next Topic: Create more mail accounts.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 04:03:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00548 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.