Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How to see user's hardware address ?
  •  
aiwex

Send a private message to this user
In the Status/Active hosts i can see ip addreses that are connected to KWF. How could i find out their mac address (hardware address) ? I know that I can reserve an ip for certain mac, but how could i view them from 'Active hosts' tab, if none of ip are reserved ? If it is not possible with KWF, what other software could I use ?
  •  
winkelman

Well, you can't from KWF if it's not its DHCP server that's handed out the IP address. (And even so, you still couldn't find it in 'Active hosts', but only in the DHCP lease table...)

I wouldn't know of any tool that could find out a MAC address given an IP address. I doubt it's even possible in general (if the IP address is not on the same subnet), but I'm not an expert in network protocols.
  •  
aiwex

I see.

Well, i have another question then. I notised, that those IP, that I see in Leases tab of DHCP server, and in Hosts/Users, do not mach. I configured DHCP server to give only IPS in the range of 192.168.0.90-192.168.0.100, and some IPs are left from before. But shouldn't Leases tab show them all ?

I attach screenshots of Leases and Hosts

• Attachment: hosts.JPG
    (Size: 52.84KB, Downloaded 567 times)
  •  
aiwex

...and leases

• Attachment: leases.JPG
    (Size: 36.87KB, Downloaded 536 times)
  •  
winkelman

Quote:

...some IPs are left from before

From before when?

If those 'other' IPs were also leased out, they won't refresh their lease (and then get an IP that's in your x.90-x.100 range) until the original lease time expires. And where those leased out by KWF? Perhaps, because those IP's are not anymore in any known DHCP IP range, KWF doesn't list them and simply regards them as being 'strange' possible fixed IP addresses.

Anyway, it doesn't seem a big deal to me, cause in due time they will simply get a new IP address that does fit and if that's not soon enough you could simply force those workstations to get a new IP now by issuing the 'renew' command ('ipconfig /renew' for Windows) on those workstations.

(You might want to shorten the lease time, to have these things go quicker in the future. You seem to have it set to 4 days, but there's nothing wrong with making it shorter, say 1 day or even less.)
  •  
aiwex

before I set DHCP server to give IPs only at the range of x.90-x.100 Smile
Previous Topic: Linux as vpn clients
Next Topic: Traffic blocked when connecting to VPN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:54:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00391 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.