Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Missing Folder after Moving a Email
  •  
Anton_WCS

Send a private message to this user
[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=1159&private=0[/img]Hi

I have a client that is running KMS 6.4.0 (Build 3364) on a Xserve G4/Mac OS Server 10.3.9. The email clients are running MS Entourage 2004 sp2 or above. Each user has there own personal email address and another generic email address called "print" that everyone is setup to access via Entourage. Emails come into the "Inbox" of "print" and there are subfolders in "Inbox" for various staff members so that messages coming into the "Inbox" can be pigeon holed into the staff members folders. The problem is that one of the staff members moved a mail from the "Inbox" to a subfolder of "Inbox" and a error dialogue appeared and the subfolder disappeared along we the emails already there and the ones that were being moved from the "Inbox". If you view this "print" account via webmail again the missing folder is gone. I have tried re-indexing the mailbox by stopping the mail server and renaming the "index.fld" to "index.bad" and starting up the mail server again with no success. I'm guessing the the folder is gone and I would need to refer to backups which is not an option for this client as they did not load their backup that evening. I understand that there is an issue with Apple Mail.app when moving message to "Public" folders but this senario is MS Entourage and it is not a "Public" folder but a subfolder of "Inbox". I do not want this to happen again so would appreciate some advice or understanding as to why this problem occurred. If I look the access rights to any of these sub folders via web mail it shows the user "print" and it has "administrative" rights. If I look at the "administrative" rights of the same sub folder via MS Entourage (right-click, folder properties, permissions) it shows the user as "Default" and the "administrative" rights as "none". I guess I should look at what web mail says as gospel truth. Anyway any feedback or suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated.

[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=1159&private=0[/img]

• Attachment: Entourage.jpg
    (Size: 69.60KB, Downloaded 380 times)
  •  
Anton_WCS

Send a private message to this user
Sorry to add to what I have already done, I have changed the variable from 0 to 1 for the "RepairDirRightsOnStartup" within the "mailserver.cfg" file to allow permissions repair on startup of KMS.

http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=397&nav=0,1,5
Previous Topic: Random disconnections on mail server
Next Topic: Is it possible to convert an account from an Internal Account to a Active Directory Account?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 08:46:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00335 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.