Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Windows Mobile ActiveSync port change
  •  
qouw

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have installed Kerio on a webserver, where apache is configured to run on port 80. Now i have the webmail interface of kerio configured to port 81, but now i cant connect my windows mobile device with the kerio mail server true activesync.

Can anyone help me configuring activesync to work on port 81?

Thnx ! Cool
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Unfortunately, mobile devices cannot use ActiveSync on another ports than 80 and 443 (HTTP, HTTPS) although is it supported on server. The only solution is to use default ports or make a port mapping on your firewall from port 80 (443) to the port on your mailserver.
  •  
qouw

Too bad... So i only have one choise, get a second server for my kerio mail to work on port 80 (apache uses 443 to)... Thats an expensive solution.

Thnx for your advice !
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Isn't getting second IP address for the server much cheaper?
  •  
qouw

Yes my server has a double IP-address but i cant run 2 services on the same port (Apache 80 - Kerio 80). Cause then kerio is saying that the port 80 is already in use...

Or is this possible? Thanks for your reply!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes, this is possible. Just configure Apache and KMS to listen only on one specific IP address instead of "All addresses". This way you can run two different servers on two IP addresses and same port.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2007 10:47]

•  
qouw

Ok i didn't knew that, i will try it! Thanks for your help!
Previous Topic: default mailbox
Next Topic: Spam but not spam
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:24:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00402 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.