Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OS X Mail 3.0 Exchange Setup (What works?)
  •  
tomn68

Send a private message to this user
Upgraded to Leopard and decided to move away from Entourage to Mail 3.0.

In the office everything works great. But from home I receive an error that the port 993 times out. I believe this was the default port that was used during setup. I have the same problem with iPhone setup as an exchange account. (on wireless at work, this works but at home on wireless or over Edge, same issue)

Hoping someone can share what setup works for them with Mail 3.0.

Here's my setup...

-exchange account
-user= name<_a.t_>domain.com
-Outbound server - user = name<_a.t_>domain.com and port 25 with SSL on
-IMAP Path is blank (we have a mixed platforms with mixed email clients)
-Port 993 using SSL
-Use IDLE command if server supports it - checked

•  
the_creative_partnership

What kind of error are you receiving?

Who issued your certificate or is it self-signed?

Dan
  •  
spiggott

Is port 993 open in your firewall? I'm using the same setup with Mail 3.0 and an iPhone to KMS 6.4.1 and it works beautifully. I'll never go back to Entourage; Mail is sooo much faster.
  •  
tomn68

I received a timeout on port 993 error. I turned off SSL and I think it now works connecting from home from Mail. I don't remember having to turn off SSL in the past. On my phone I turned off SSL on inbound which seemed to do the trick even though I still have SSL on Outbound (although when on Edge it takes forever to send)

I'm not certain but I wonder if the certificate is self assigned. I'll have to ask. When I upgrade to leopard I seem to recall receiving an error about an unknown certificate and having to allow it to continue if that makes sense.

Thanks
  •  
tomn68

Your question about the certificate being self assigned reminded me about this error I received after installing Leopard and moving to Mail from Entourage.

"Mail Can't Verify the identity of 'mail.domain.com'... Certificate...signed by an unknown cerfitying authority... THen when I click for details it says that it is self assigned and that "This root certificate is not trusted".

I've attached the the error itself.

[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=1164&private=0[/img]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The solution is simple. Drag&drop the certificate from that window to the Desktop, double click on it to import into the Keychain as X509 root certificate. From now the certificate will be trusted in the system.
  •  
the_creative_partnership

Sorry to hijack slightly, but Pavel maybe as you're here you could help with why GoDaddy certs seem to work fine for HTTPS, but not IMAPS? Any ideas?
  •  
tomn68

Thanks

I wonder if there's a way to do the same type of thing from the iphone? Could be that the phone hits the issue but there isn't a way to tell it to trust it?

Thanks
  •  
the_creative_partnership

Apparently this is because the iPhone does not have the GoDaddy root or intermediate certificates installed and there is no way to install them.

The Nokia E-Series do allow you to install certificates, but for some reason our e61 was not trusting our GoDaddy cert with either of the above installed.

As a last ditch attempt, I flashed the firmware up to the latest version (3.0633.09.04) and voila, Roadsync now works a treat with our GoDaddy cert!

So if your having trouble with Roadsync, certificates and Kerio, try upgrading your firmware (don't forget to back up first).

Cheers
Dan
Previous Topic: changing primary domain
Next Topic: Outlook 2000 SP3 & KOC offline
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 19:55:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00465 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.