Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » NAT ICMP Traffic World -> Internal
  •  
icies

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

i'm new to this board, and first, excuse me for my bad english.

so i've the following scenario.

Client -> Server -> Internal Sever

Kerio WinRoute Firwall is running on the Server.

The Client has the IP-Address 172.16.1.20 (modified)
The Server has two NICs and three IP-Addresses:
NIC 1: 172.16.1.3
NIC 1: 172.16.1.41
NIC 2: 192.168.1.2

The internal Server has the IP-Address 192.168.1.1. The Client must access this server. Both ICMP and a port-based Application must be available.

The Client sends a request to 172.16.1.41. The Server accepts this request and WinRoute does DNAT & SNAT.
Rules:
Source: 172.16.1.20
Dest. : 172.16.1.41
Service Any
Translation
Source NAT: Translate IP address to outgoing IF
Dest. NAT : Translate to 192.168.1.1

The Client could access the port-based Application on the internal Server, but ICMP doesn't work. Why ?
I've checked the traffic with ethereal on the internal Server. Once, the Client sends a port-based request, the 172* IP-Addresses translated correctly.
But when the Client sends an ICMP request, only the destination IP will be translated to 192.168.1.1 and the source IP is still 172.16.1.20.
So, next point, the Internal Server does not have a default GW, and also should not have one, so it doesnt know where to send the icmp packet when the source is 172.16.1.20. How can i tell WinRoute also make SNAT on ICMP packets?

Thanks for your replys,

Chris

Previous Topic: How I can exclude trafic over pop3 and smtp protokol in kerio statistic
Next Topic: customize Kerio StaR / "Individual-page"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 05:37:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.