Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Duplicate "Public" Folders After Sync (iCal shows duplicate calendars after syncing)
  •  
monsterfreecity

Send a private message to this user
OS X 10.5.1, Kerio Sync Connector 6.5.0 4450
(though this behavior is repeatable going back to OS X 10.4.x and KMS 6.4.x)

I have a small test server with three public calendars on it, one for each of three users. All users are have read/write to all calendars.

Whenever a change is made to any of the events and sync'd, iCal then shows duplicate "public" calendars, though they are in fact local (webmail shows only the original three, though sometimes we've managed to delete an entire folder via iCal). If you modify/sync X times, you get X number of duplicates in the iCal list. Lovely.

Attempting to delete one of the duplicate calendars results in the sync connector complaining that another calendar of the same name is "colliding" with it, and therefore cannot be sync'd.

The only way out appears to be un-checking everything in the connector, then doing a repair-from-server, then, checking everything, then repairing from server again.

We're not doing anything exotic here, this behavior seems so counter-intuitive.

Thoughts anyone?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I'm sure KSC synchronization should not create such issue. Could you please enable debug logging in KSC settings and send it to us with "Report.." button after the folders are duplicated on synchronization?
  •  
monsterfreecity

Given that the duplicate iCal calendars appear only when using the KSC to sync, and that it is only public folders on a KMS server that get duplicated (not any local calendars, and, for the record, not the KMS user calendar, whether it's CalDAV or KSC sync'd), it most definitely has to be a problem specific to the KSC.

And given that my test server has been upgraded through every version since the days of KMS 5.x, it is entirely possible that there's some bad config juju that's come along for the ride causing the trouble -- in fact, I hope that's the case, since I've got three production machines that could use calendar syncing *right now* and they might not have the same issue.

On a probably unrelated tip, try this:

Using iCal, create an event in the user's calendar. Sync, then sync from another machine to see the event is on both iCals.

Now change the calendar to a public one. Sync, then sync from the other machine.

In my setup, there is a repeatable bug where the actual calendar is not changed at the server -- it appears in iCal as though it's in a public calendar, but both webmail and the other computer's iCal show it as still being in the user's calendar.

However, if you cut and paste, or drag the event to another day and sync, the change will take and the sync will occur correctly.

There's also a bug in iCal where you may have to quit/relaunch for it to display correctly (I got a ghost dupe that went away after a relaunch), but I'll wait for Kerio to purchase Apple before I complain about that...

•  
kerio_jirinec

Hi,
please, can you specify more precisely how should I do this: "Now change the calendar to a public one." from your last post.

It seems that you somehow every time recreate these public folders on mailserver. It forces Kerio SyncConnector to duplicate it in iCal.
  •  
monsterfreecity

By "change the calendar to a public one," I mean: In iCal right-click on the event you created in "Calendar" (your KMS user's calendar), and change the calendar to a public calendar folder, sync this machine, then sync another machine, and see if the change appears the same way on both machines. In my testing, it does not, and it is repeatable. Again, maybe my server is just fubar. It's been through a lot of versions...

For what it's worth, after my last post i started to get a "stream" error from KSC, and it was related to the events I had changed the calendar on. I un-checked the calendar in KSC, sync'd again, and then got an iSync conflict notification. Once I made my choices in iSync, I was able to again check the calendar in KSC and proceed syncing.

I am happy to provide Kerio with an account on this server for testing -- please just let me know.
Previous Topic: how to open mailarchive
Next Topic: Urgent Help 2 Updated**
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 14:23:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.