Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Hardware Specs
  •  
JGALT

Send a private message to this user
With the latest Kerio version, what would be the IDEAL hardware specs when used for 100 users, proxy, and full mcafee AV scan (HTTP, FTP, POP, and SMTP).

Would a dual-core 3.0 Ghz CPU-based PC with 1 GB DDR2 module, gigabit LAN card (for local network) and standard 10/100 mbps NIC for the ISP be adequate? Or overkill?

Comments?
  •  
winkelman

Send a private message to this user
Overkill.

But still, what can you buy these days that isn't overkill? Cool

I run KWF for about 100 users with McAfee scanning everything and the Cobian webfilter categorizing everything. The Internet connection is 50Mbit up and down, so there's quite some traffic.

It's on a single Xeon 3.2Ghz with 1Gb RAM with Windows Server 2003 R2.

Last 42 days the maximum memory usage of KWF was 55Mb and McAfee 170Mb. CPU usage for the total machine never goes over 30% (and then only very briefly, a second perhaps) and normally averages around 10%.

Edit:
What I mean to say is KWF doesn't require a lot of hardware. Still, I wouldn't recommend installing it on some small PC. I think your suggestion is fine. In essence overkill, but why not have some 'room to breathe' in the server? ...

Just make sure you have a decent, non-Realtek based NIC! Realtec is known to cause issues with KWF...

[Updated on: Wed, 28 November 2007 17:40]

Previous Topic: customize Kerio StaR / "Individual-page"
Next Topic: I keep getting injection notices...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:18:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00357 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.