Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problems with Entourage and KMS 6.4.1 Patch 1 and 6.4.2
  •  
dpatton

Send a private message to this user
After successfully running running KMS 6.3.1 for many months, I decided to upgrade our server to 6.4.1 Patch 1 about two weeks ago.

Ever since MS Entourage clients on our internal network have had problems connecting to the server. The connection problems are totally intermittent - some clients have lost connection to KMS for a full workday, others have seen their connection go up and down 3-4 times over the course of a day. The only time-line I can provide is that the connection is not dropped or found over the course of minutes or seconds, but over the course of hours.

Basic rundown:

-KMS is running on a Windows 2003 Server.
-Outlook clients using KOC are not affected.
-Entourage clients are all using 11.3.x, though upgrading them and/or rebuilding the Entourage database has had no effect on the issue.
-Entourage clients are all running in "Exchange Mode" which means they are communicating (or not) via WebDAV. I even entirely wiped the Entourage settings on one client, and while that machine communicated for a few hours, it has since lost its connection numerous times since.
-The KMS server is running nothing but KMS, and Retrospect to back it up.
-Port scans on the server reveal that port 80 is open on our internal network, but I have it blocked at our router to the outside, and always have.
-Webmail still works, internal and external.
-And here's the kicker: Apple Mail in Exchange mode works perfectly too, and that uses WebDAV as well.

Anybody else experienced this? I spoke to Kerio tech support this past Tuesday, and they suggested I upgrade to 6.4.2 - this seemed wise as the revision history said something approximating; "fixes possible issue with concurrent WebDav sessions". Seemed like that would apply to us, but the problem still persists after the upgrade.

Again, anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks for listening.....
  •  
My IT Indy

Does Apple's mail communicate via webdav in Exchange mode? I thought that was just IMAP as well.

How about DNS? Is it working properly?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
dpatton

Yes, DNS is working correctly - same as it was before the "upgrade" to 6.4.1.

What I have found out is that if I set the Entourage clients to use SSL (ie: port 443) the connection works just fine. And every time.
Remember these are Entourage clients on an internal network - why should we have to to use SSL to communicate with a KMS server on the same subnet? None of our Outlook clients use SSL and they are fine, nor have I had to configure Apple Mail to use SSL.

Kerio tech support suggested I try the REGEDIT fix having to do with ACK timing on Windows 2003 Server that was posted 4 minutes before my original post, but after reading that the problems described do not apply to me - and most especially considering that the suggested REGEDIT entry/key does not even show up on my server.
And also considering that the "fix" described would apply to the whole TCP/IP protocol and not just to a particular port.

So, we're still in limbo, and I'm getting the feeling that Kerio tech support is trying to avoid admitting they have a problem.
Previous Topic: iCal and Kerio Calendars Sync
Next Topic: changing primary domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:20:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00362 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.