Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Fresh Leopard Server install - how to access old Mailserver folder?
  •  
kevinneal

Send a private message to this user
Up until now I have been running Tiger Server, with the Kerio MailServer folder on a separate Hard Drive.

I now have to run Leopard Server, but I have made a fresh install of Leopard on a third Hard Drive, so I don't interfere with the Tiger installation.

We only have one server, and need to start fresh with Leopard due to reoccurring problems with the tiger installation that I won't get into here!

My problem is, after I had installed KMS 6.4.2 on Leopard and completed the setup wizard (making sure I pointed the Store folder to my old Mailserver Hard Drive)
when I try to connect to the Admin I just get a failed to authenticate message, even though I'm 100% sure I've used the same password.

I don't want to fiddle around too much and mess up the Mailserver folder (i've backed it up anyway) because during the daytime the server is still booted up in Tiger and using the MailServer folder as normal, I'm just trying to get this set up in the evenings when no-one is logged on. can anyone offer me some guidence, cos its now 1am and I'm knackered!
  •  
My IT Indy

You probably don't have permission to get into the old mail store folder.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
kevinneal

I did wonder if it was related to permissions. But the permissions for the Mailserver folder and store folder are root read/write

So that would be the same for both systems
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I have some guidance: What does the error log (warning log) say?

Do you use local authentiocation in KMS or Kerberos? Is the Leopard configured properly for Kerberos?
  •  
kevinneal

Unfortunately I can't see the error log at the moment because I am booted back up into Tiger for the days work ( I'll have 15 designers kill me if I fiddle with it now)

We user kerboros for all except one user, and yes Kerboros is working on Leopard - the server is set up identically to the tiger one and everything else is working fine.

I'm wondering if there is some invisible (or visible) files I could move from the tiger server to the leopard server to get it to work?
Previous Topic: KSP Error
Next Topic: In what sequence KMS ask blacklists?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 12:39:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.