Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 6.5 Beta used in Production?
  •  
shiftlogic

Send a private message to this user
I have read the warnings and I understand that a beta product should not be used in production but my hand is being forced. I just want to know if anyone else out there has put the beta version in production? Also if they have encountered any issues? I have not run across any that are show stoppers during my testing.

I made the call to switch to Kerio just over a month ago and have been fighting off the complaints ever since. I have been asked to switch us back to MDaemon but plan to put this off as long as I can. I read that the beta will be valid until February 2008, does anyone know if this is true? (I can't wait that long) Or will we see a production version before then?

Please advise.

•  
Dave Hahn

This isn't an answer to your question, but I just switched to Kerio over Thanksgiving and am curious what kind of complaints you've run into.
  •  
shiftlogic

The biggest complaint is the speed of the KOC using Outlook 2003. Clicking from folder to folder and deleting emails. I have managed to get everyone to archive most of there old emails to pst files but this has only helped a little.

The number two complaint is the grouping of emails and tasks. My CEO uses many tasks setup in categories. Because he is unable to sort or group these tasks he has already reverted to a spreadsheet (he is not a happy camper).

Number three is PDA sync. I have four Palm Treo users. Desktop sync is painfully slow if it works at all (CEO can't sync his calendar via desktop - fails every time). Two of the users have data plans so they are able to sync wireless using versamail's active sync which is alright but does not work as well as Windows Mobile or Symbian. I believe Kerio recommends a DataViz product for Palm sync but my CEO has that and it works no better than the standard palm conduits.

Those are the biggest issues and the top two are the ones that irritate my users the most.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 November 2007 20:08]

•  
My IT Indy

THis is a very bad idea, the beta KOFF's might not be upgradable to the next version. You will have a LOT of manual configuration on each workstation when you update from the beta to another version.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
microalps

And when your users miss emails cause notification doesn't work (Outlook 2003 on Beta 7), you're gonna get yelled at even more...
Previous Topic: Thinking of purchasing Kerio
Next Topic: I can receive but i can't send to outside domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 17:04:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00462 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.