Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Quota Exceeded Notification
  •  
rmuncy

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone, forgive this question, the solution probably simple. I just can't find the answer. I have quotas set on my users based total disk usage. Problem is they don't know when they have exceeded and so their emails are returned. Any way to send a user notification at certain level of usage?
Thanks
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Quota warning message is sent to the mailbox owner if occupied space (or number of items) reach 90% of the limit. See http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/ch13s02.html for details.
  •  
rmuncy

Embarassed
Thanks for the response, I have looked at the manual as suggested, gosh I still don't know what to do. I'm emabarssed to ask but can you give an example of the sytanx for the config file?

Regards
  •  
jshaw541

rmuncy wrote on Thu, 06 December 2007 05:00

Embarassed
Thanks for the response, I have looked at the manual as suggested, gosh I still don't know what to do. I'm emabarssed to ask but can you give an example of the sytanx for the config file?

Regards

The exact instructions for what you appear to be asking are located in the manual at the location Pavel mentioned, above.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
rmuncy

Once again thank you for the response.
here is what the manual says..

1.Stop the Kerio MailServer Engine.

2.In the directory where Kerio MailServer is installed, search the mailserver.cfg file

If the file is being edited on Mac OS X or Linux operating systems, login to the system as the root user (a special user with full access rights to the system).

3.Open the mailserver.cfg file and look up the QuotaWarningThreshold value. The line is as follows:

<variable name="QuotaWarningThreshold">90</variable>

4.Change the value as needed and save the file.

5.Run Kerio MailServer.

I do not understand how to perform step 4. Change it to what? There is nothing in the manual that shows an example.

Thank you!

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Please do not change anything in the configuration file if you are not sure what you are doing.

Warning message is sent automatically to the mailbox owner (user) if 90% of quota is reached. Therefore, the user can make steps to prevent exceeding mailbox quota (e.g. remove old e-mails).

You don't need to configure it - it's automatical.
  •  
jshaw541

rmuncy,

The documents are somewhat tailored to techical people. However, you'd usually open the config file in something like Notepad, and carefully change the test "90" to a value you want, save the file, and restart the mail server.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
rmuncy

Thank you, I understand that part of the config file, and I am technical. I was just looking for a way a way to change the default meesage to something more user friendly. I am in charge of the mail server for a small K-12 school system. When a teacher sees a message like "MESSAGE FROM MAIL SERVER SUBSYSTEM" they think it is Spam or a hoax, so they won't open it. It ends up generating a call becasuse they don't receive email.

But as usual, I am sorry that I bothered to spend the time posting a question.

Thank youu anyway.

Happy Holidays.
  •  
blackbox

Don't feel sorry for asking a question, that's what these forums are for.

Like others have suggested, quota warning messages are enabled by default.

Default behavior is to send an email message to the account that has reached 90% (as specified in mailserver.cfg) of their quota the moment they reach their limit.

(Problem is the message is only sent when quota = 90% and last_quota_warning has not been within the last 24 hours.
So if your user ignores the message, and slowing climbs from 90 - 100 over time, no additional messages are sent. However if the user deletes some messages, drops down below 90, then hits 90 at a later date, they'll receive another quota message, barring the fact that more than 24 hours have passed since any previous quota message.)

Also it sounds like you're saying you'd like to customize the quota message. This is easily accomplished by editing /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/reports/en/quota-warning.rep.
(or equivalent depending on operating system)

[Updated on: Thu, 31 January 2008 17:18]

•  
rashed

Hi all,

I have a question.

I would like to have a small script in Linux to send continuaslty an email to user to ask him to archive because the quota exceeded.

From where could I get the quota allowed to user and the size used? In Linux?
  •  
blackbox

rashed wrote on Wed, 30 January 2008 22:47

Hi all,

I have a question.

I would like to have a small script in Linux to send continuaslty an email to user to ask him to archive because the quota exceeded.

From where could I get the quota allowed to user and the size used? In Linux?

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=44229 should point you in the right direction.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 January 2008 17:26]

•  
rashed

I went to the link. but there is no information

thanks
  •  
DPal

Understanding the information above regarding the MEssage sent when a user reaches 90% of thier quota. Is there a way to have another message that is sent at 99%? or even at 100%? That way the 90% is thier warning and the 99% is the I am serious message.

David

System administrator to Kerio Mail Server 6.7.0
and Kerio Outlook connector
  •  
faisex

I am also interested to know if there is a possibility to customize quota reached notifications to be set a two marks, first at a certain level and then another at a critical level e.g. first to set it at quota reached 70% and then again at 90%.
blackbox

I believe most circumstances would be covered should Kerio developers simply change the quota notification trigger from quota = 90% to quota >= 90%.

Previous Topic: Corrupted IMAP accounts
Next Topic: Smtp relay
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 13:27:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00565 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.