Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Winroute pro firewall 5 why do i have to keep refreshing my connection
  •  
itinaader

Send a private message to this user
Ever since i installed this product on my XP pro machine (2 nics wan, and lan) Machine is setup as my router... Well my other machines are able to surf fine... but hours later there not and im finding that lately i have to reboot the win route machine.

Whats up with that

SOME ONE HELP!>?!?!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

itinaader wrote on Sat, 13 March 2004 22:25

Ever since i installed this product on my XP pro machine (2 nics wan, and lan) Machine is setup as my router... Well my other machines are able to surf fine... but hours later there not and im finding that lately i have to reboot the win route machine.

Whats up with that

SOME ONE HELP!>?!?!

Is there anything in the logs (error, warning, debug) in the time when the clients can't surf?
  •  
dgirvin

Hi,

I'm having the same problem using WinRoute 5.1.10 with DirecPC. Even though the IP address etc. is set up as static by the DirecPC software, I keep having to hit the "Repair" button every few hours to get my network back on the net. Nothing reported in the logs. Only way to tell is that we're unable to browse websites and the Kerio Mailserver error log reports that my external POP servers cannot be found. Use to use WinRoute 4.2 for several years on the same system with no problems...

DG
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Does the Internet connection still work on the WinRoute machine? Are the client machines able to ping numerical IP addresses that on the Internet? If it is a DNS problem then this might be easier to track down.
  •  
dgirvin

The internet connection works for 5-15 minutes and then stops working from all systems on the network including the server. If I hit the 'Repair' button on the DirecPC network connection it works again for 5-15 minutes and then stops again.
  •  
frankxs

If you are running an internal (local) DNS server as a "root" server, use the "enable DNS forwarding" option of KWF and DO NOT put your local root servers' IP in the list.

The symptoms you describe sound like behavior of a badly configured DNS (resolves for a while then stops resolving).

-Frank
  •  
dgirvin

According to another note on your forum, there is no support for the 'old DirecPC' in Firewall 5.x in favour of DirecWay which is only available in the U.S. This is unfortunate since you discontinued WinRoute Pro which did support the old DirecPC. I uninstalled the firewall and tried another supplier and it's working fine now. DNS forwarding was turned on the whole time. Is there any chance that you'll be supporting both DirecWay and DirecPC in Firewall 6?

DG
  •  
Deep

actually i am also facing same problem for last 3-4 days.
i checked the logs no errors no warnings found..

i have to restart the firewall to start the net connection again...

i am also trying to figure out the problem...but still no luck..

Deep
Previous Topic: Stop Downloads by Filetype
Next Topic: IPv6 Support in Winroute
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 02:11:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00462 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.