Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SMTP file sizes
  •  
evsmetal

Send a private message to this user
I have my "Limit maximum incoming SMTP message size" to 200 MB.

How exactly does that break down if there is multiple recipients of a message.

For instance, it's obvious that for 1 recipient, he can get 200 MB per message.

If the same message is sent to 2 people, is an attachment now limited to 100 MB?

The issue I have is my sales and engineering depts. get large file attachments (CAD drawings), and the message is usually sent to 4 people at once.

In that scenario, is the max attachment now 50MB? Or is it still 200 MB per recipient? [I read the manual and searched the forum, but really couldn't find a plain answer..]

[Updated on: Thu, 13 December 2007 00:42]

•  
microalps

The SMTP protocol receives one DATA command with the content of the email but multiple RCPT commands with the destination email address(es). As a result, this limit shouldn't be affected by the number of recipients. I will note that the SMTP protocol generally uses base64 encoding for attachments. Very roughly, the final size of base64-encoded binary data is equal to 1.37 times the original data size. Which means the actual file size you can send is less than 200MB that you specified.
  •  
evsmetal

Good to know. Thank you.

When we were running Exchange, the file size was split amongst the recipients as far as I remember.
Previous Topic: Archiving Public Folders
Next Topic: ldap Address book
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 09:29:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.