Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Result: failed, Status: 4.4.1 Cannot connect to remote host
  •  
papason

Send a private message to this user
We have a huge queue with spam due a mis-configuration which left us an open relay for 6 hours, and the spammers hit us immediately. We have about 65,000 e-mails in our queue.
How do we get rid of the queue now as these are un-wanted spam?

IE: Recipient: <add7833103<_a.t_>yahoo.com.tw>, Result: failed, Status: 4.4.1 Cannot connect to remote host

I try to load the queue in the admin console and there are to many e-mails for it and it locks up.

What to do ?

Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 14 December 2007 04:50]

•  
winkelman

Is it really actually crashing or is it simply a 'not responding' situation (which actually says nothing about a program having crashed or not)? I've had similar situations (not in KMS) where it was simply a matter of waiting an hour (or more) for the thing to load and several more to get rid of the messages. (The interface simply wasn't made/tuned for such a thing, but did 'work' nonetheless.)
  •  
papason

winkelman wrote on Thu, 13 December 2007 17:46

Is it really actually crashing or is it simply a 'not responding' situation (which actually says nothing about a program having crashed or not)? I've had similar situations (not in KMS) where it was simply a matter of waiting an hour (or more) for the thing to load and several more to get rid of the messages. (The interface simply wasn't made/tuned for such a thing, but did 'work' nonetheless.)

Well it doesn't "crash" per say, it locks up the system tight on my MacBook Pro laptop (w/2G RAM) and my Linux workstation (w 1G RAM).

Hard to say but it will not load the queue to delete messages.

Any more ideas ?
  •  
winkelman

I guess the messages in queue waiting to be sent out are basically just files on the KMS server somewhere. So you could just delete those files there. Because KMS keeps index files of these things, those indexes have to be regenerated as well, after manually deleting the files. So this would involve Kerio support, I'm afraid.
  •  
papason

winkelman wrote on Fri, 14 December 2007 12:53

I guess the messages in queue waiting to be sent out are basically just files on the KMS server somewhere. So you could just delete those files there. Because KMS keeps index files of these things, those indexes have to be regenerated as well, after manually deleting the files. So this would involve Kerio support, I'm afraid.

Well I found that I could just shutdown kerio and delete the queue, then restart kerio. It fixed things and no issues now.

Cheers
  •  
alsula

help me please,
i thing thet i have the same problem.
wher can i find this path to delete all the message queue??
thnx

ps: i use KMS 6.0.3
Previous Topic: Kerio CalDAV
Next Topic: Migrate away from Kerio (but not all!)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 18:13:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00400 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.