Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Problem install Winroute 6.4 remotly
  •  
tomaten

Send a private message to this user
Hello. We would like to install Kerio Winroute 6.4 !!!(64bit)!!! on a remote Server. During installation process we allow remote access to a fix ip-adress. During installation the connection of the remote desktop was lost and we can not reconnect. Also the admin console can not connect to the server. We then kill the process over the serial ssh console and finish the installation process. Then we enable Winroute and can not connect to the firewall.

It is not possible to use firewall!
  •  
tomaten

No idea why 64bit Version not work???
  •  
winkelman

Couldn't it simply be that the firewall is doing it's job and not allowing remote connections? Because of this you can specify during setup to let the installer create a rule to allow connections from one specific remote IP address. Perhaps that was not done correctly? Either perhaps because you did it wrong, or perhaps something went wrong during installation.

You should be able to figure this out by taking a look at the config file over your SSH connection. Perhaps you should contact Kerio support for more expert backup.
  •  
tomaten

After the installation was finished, I have seen that the rule was properly registered.

I sent the winroute.cfg 3 times to Support Company (brainworks gmbh germany), and had telephoned with the company, but I had no help from there. Sad

Who do I contact to really help to get? There are at the next half year 2 installations on Win2003 64bit.
  •  
winkelman

I would just call Kerio directly, not through a local reseller. You can find UK and US numbers here: http://www.kerio.eu/support.html

I've called both, depending on my mood Smile
  •  
skothk

Hi,

Just wondering if there was a soultion to this problem (bar contacting support Razz)?

I've only just downloaded the x64 trial after hearing good things about Kerio Firewall, and don't fancy contacting support at the first hurdle!

Exactly the same situation; run install, set static remote admin IP, software installs, lose connection (which I expected), only now I can't remote manage the firewall using the remote admin console. Have to SSH to the server to stop the service before being able to RDP and find the 'Finish' button after installation.

Thanks,

Scott

[Updated on: Mon, 18 February 2008 19:31]

•  
tomaten

We have no solution. We use current the Windows Firewall. I surprise me that no one here can see by the manufacturer. Who know alternatives? We need in the near future 2 new licenses. All for x64, since at our hoster the x32 is no longer available. It is probably not Kerio.

I have simply no time for it all again a support to send. I have enough time with the reseller lost. We have no support get. But we have paid for it.
  •  
luizfef

This happen when the KWF try to install new adapters. Until now, don´t have solution about this. Even in LAN, you will get som problems to install this software.

The only way you have to install this is in front of the machine. (Local).
Previous Topic: Not able to login in domain after install WinRoute
Next Topic: to route internet traffic to a gateway in the same ip range
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 11:17:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00464 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.