Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Nokia N73 Mail for Exchange doesn't send
  •  
phil_w

Send a private message to this user
I've just set up a new N73 with the latest Mail for Exchange on KMS 6.4.2 and all works well except that messages do not send - they just sit in the Outbox 'queued' indefinitely.

Has anyone any experience with this? Quite possibly it could just be me missing something obvious. KMS logs have nothing relevant in them.

Many thanks for any suggestions...
  •  
germanr

Are you sure that you are sending as a Mail for Exchange message? In n73 when you want to send a message it gives you several options (sms, mms, email & mail for exchange). Do not send as regular email, because that options uses the pop3 / imap configuration of the phone and it will not send it as mail for exchange.

I use it on n73 & E61 without problems.

regards
German

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
phil_w

What firmware are you running on the n73?

I think the Orange firmware is quite old (despite the phone being brand new)

Many thanks
  •  
mgreving

Same problem here with my Nokia E60 and 6.5.0 beta 10. Can receive messages, but cannot send. The sent messages from my mobile are logged as relayed (not with SMTP but ActiveSync).

[02/Jan/2008 23:49:12] Recv: Queue-ID: 477c14e8-00000131, Service: ActiveSync, From: <mobiel<_a.t_>mau.nl.nu>, To: <mgreving<_a.t_>gmail.com>, Size: 1134, Sender: NokiaE60/1.0
[02/Jan/2008 23:49:13] Sent: Queue-ID: 477c14e8-00000131, Recipient: <~mobiel<_a.t_>mau.nl.nu/Sent Items>, Result: delivered, Status: 2.0.0
[02/Jan/2008 23:49:13] Sent: Queue-ID: 477c14e8-00000131, Recipient: <mgreving<_a.t_>gmail.com>, Result: relayed, Status: 2.0.0

But no message is received on the other side.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Actually, the log is a proof that sending works pretty well. E-mail was sent out from KMS to another server so the problem could be somewhere else.
Did you check Spam folder at gmail account?
  •  
mgreving

I tried that: there are no messages also not in the spam folder, and the same messages sent from my outlook connector to gmail are working (not blocked). This problem is also happening when I send a message to a server without spam filters. Maybe it is in the beta? Because with a earlier version of kerio mailserver it could sent messages.

Update: When I sent a message, there is contact with the smtp server (I see it with tcpdump, but still no message is received) Tomorrow I will test more because I cannot read the SSL packets.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2008 01:04]

•  
phil_w

Mine just sit in the outbox - they keep queuing then finally get suspended.

A quick look in the Kerio debug log reveals:

[03/Jan/2008 08:26:58][42351616] {conn} SSL debug: id 0x3ac8130 SSL handshake started: before/accept initialization
[03/Jan/2008 08:26:58][42351616] {conn} SSL debug: id 0x3ac8130 SSL_accept:before/accept initialization
[03/Jan/2008 08:26:59][42351616] {conn} Cannot accept SSL connection from x.x.x.x:47587 to x.x.x.x:443: SSL code 5, system error: (0) Unknown error: 0

Any relevance?

All incoming mail syncs fine. All other clients fine (Outlook, Entourage, Webmail).
  •  
fastred

I am having the same difficulty with my Nokia E61i.

I don't get any error messages on Kerio, but do get a "flash" of "can't connect" from the phone.

I can sync email that is on the server with the phone (ie that is in the Inbox), but can't seem to send...

I have the same error code as above:
[25/Jan/2008 21:06:57][2993500160] {conn} Cannot accept SSL connection from <my phone's ip address>:30312 to <internal ip address>:443: SSL code 5, system error: (0) Unknown error: 0

[Updated on: Fri, 25 January 2008 09:12]

•  
phil_w

I've given up - life's too short - bought Roadsync (offer on until the end of the month) - worked like a charm instantly...
  •  
AgentSmith

Had the same problem recently and I discovered that MfE can't handle proxy-servers. Removed the proxy server from the used access point and now MfE both sends and receives without problems.

I do have another problem which is after a while MfE increases the heartbeat causing new mails not being pushed to the Nokia E61i anymore. Is it possible to enforce a lower heartbeat setting with Kerio?
  •  
AgentSmith

Just to add information about the sync problem I am experiencing:

According to Kerio's administration console there is an activesync connection with MfE on the Nokia E61i but new email does not get pushed. Manual synchronizations work as they should. For now I will disable push mail and set MfE to a periodic sync schedule but that is not ideal as it consumes much more bandwidth and battery.

Again, is there a way to keep KMS from setting the heartbeat too high?
  •  
fastred

Thanks for the suggestion re RoadSync - i've installed it too and yep, it works!

Cheers

Jeremy
  •  
rinzwind

I too have the e-mail stuck in outbox problem on my Nokia E71. Latest Mail For Exchange. No problem with secured imap. What is the problem here? I can receive e-mail, but when I try to sent an e-mail it is queued forever. When I manually try to resend it I see in a blink the message "sending", but then the status is returned to queued.

KMS 6.5.1

[Updated on: Tue, 22 July 2008 22:56]

•  
rinzwind

Looks like the problem was already mentioned. If I remove the proxy server from the mobile internet connection it works. Strange.
mgreving

I did'nt use a proxy server. After there was no answer I used another solution than Kerio.
Previous Topic: activesync ota email folders
Next Topic: Starting ClamAV Issue -- Kerio Mail Server 6.2.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 06:15:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00586 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.