Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Moving to a new IP Block - What to do ? (I need to move the IP address of our MTA)
  •  
papason

Send a private message to this user
Time to change IP providers soon, so what's the best way to re-issue the IP to out Kerio mail server ?

Thanks

[Updated on: Sat, 15 December 2007 23:12]

•  
My IT Indy

It depends on your platform.

My DNS host is pretty quick to update MX records, maybe 4 hours of downtime so I've set it to transfer at night and by the morning everything works.

I also use Katharion for hosted anti-spam filtering so the email is queued there if my KMS cannot be found. No mail lost at all.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
papason

rugby wrote on Sun, 16 December 2007 00:39

It depends on your platform.

My DNS host is pretty quick to update MX records, maybe 4 hours of downtime so I've set it to transfer at night and by the morning everything works.

I also use Katharion for hosted anti-spam filtering so the email is queued there if my KMS cannot be found. No mail lost at all.

Thanks Ryan,

We use a Barracuda Spam Firewall in front of our MTA and wala, nada for virus or spam. I was just wondering what in the Kerio config if anything needed to be updated ?

Cheers
  •  
My IT Indy

As long as DNS is properly updated in a timely fashion you should be good to go.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
microalps

I would recommend as far as the DNS goes that you change the TTL to 300 (or 5 minutes) so you have minimal downtime. After the change kicks in, you can change at will. Note that not all DNS providers will let you do that, so hope they do...

As far as Kerio, you just need to make sure that whatever FQDN listed in Kerio under Domains is going to be redirected as well.
  •  
papason

microalps wrote on Tue, 18 December 2007 22:02

I would recommend as far as the DNS goes that you change the TTL to 300 (or 5 minutes) so you have minimal downtime. After the change kicks in, you can change at will. Note that not all DNS providers will let you do that, so hope they do...

As far as Kerio, you just need to make sure that whatever FQDN listed in Kerio under Domains is going to be redirected as well.

That's correct. We have Nictool so it is really nice have that for controlling our DNS servers & FQDN's.

Cheers
Previous Topic: webmail suggestions 6.5?
Next Topic: Advice on Adopting Another Domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 02:59:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.