Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Advice on Adopting Another Domain
  •  
ahoutzer

Send a private message to this user
I need some advice, and hope you Kerio users and/or staff can and will help.

We currently use Kerio MailServer for our domain mydomain.com, and have a sixty user license, of which we are using about 45. All is good there.

A separate group in my company has a listserve, which has a separate domain theirdomain.com . It operates about seven hundred mail lists. The lists cannot be operated as lists within Kerio MailServer because of the maintenance burden -- the other listserve software is much more suited to maintaining 700 lists with 2,200 members.

The smtp server on their machine is poor, and their incoming spam fiiltering is also mediocre to poor. We would like to route incoming and outgoing messages through our Kerio installation. We would not want to change their domain (listname<_a.t_>theirdomain.com). I could easily reconfigure their listServe software to use our Kerio smtp server, but I am concerned that recipients will see the theirdomain.com address with the IP from smtp.mydomain.com and flag the listserve as a spammer. What can we do to avoid that? The people who run the listserve do not remember who registered theirdomain.com, and they have even less of a clue about A records and MX records than I do (at least I know how to access and change mine!). If we need to change such records, then: 1) what exactly needs to be changed? 2) How can I find out how to get access to theirdomain.com DNS records?

About getting the incoming listserve mail through our Kerio MailServer:
There are 700 lists, each with address <listName><_a.t_><theirdomain.com>
We have a 60-user license.
Can we route incoming <theirdomain.com> mail through our Kerio MailServer and on to the internal IP -- honestly and legally -- of the listServe without buying seven hundred and sixty Kerio MailServer user licenses? We just want to be a passthrough that takes advantage of the spam filtering in Kerio MailServer.

Thanks very much in advance.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 December 2007 22:41]

•  
papason

Send a private message to this user
Buy a Barracuda for filtering, and use MailMan to control the lists on a OSX server.
Previous Topic: Moving to a new IP Block - What to do ?
Next Topic: second (POP3) account in Kerio profile
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 01:25:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00349 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.