Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail doesn't work with Firefox 3 beta 2?
  •  
SethL

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone tried using webmail (KMS 6.4.2) with Firefox 3b2? I cannot seem to get compose windows to work - clicking New Message opens 2 windows, both with address bars but one otherwise empty. The one with the New Message UI doesn't load my signature and won't send messages or launch the Check Names window.

Seth Long
Sound Publishing, Inc.
Tacoma, Washington
  •  
My IT Indy

Mine seems to work fine.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
SethL

Disabled all add-ons and got the same thing (not working). Javascript settings haven't changed between versions. Odd.

Seth Long
Sound Publishing, Inc.
Tacoma, Washington
  •  
winkelman

I can login with Firefox 3 beta 2, al looks good, I can start a new message, but I can't send it (the send button does nothing) nor attach documents, etc.

But as long as Firefox 3 is not officially supported, we'll just have to wait until it is and then see if all works.

http://www.kerio.eu/kms_requirements.html
  •  
jensonyu

Firefox v3 is said to be launched tomorrow, Jan 29 2008. But there is still problem of it with Kerio Webmail. The problem I'm having is it doesn't show the original email message when I try to reply an email.
  •  
jaikudo

It would be a good idea to report this as a potential Firefox bug and direct them to the KMS Webmail demo site so they can try it out and find out what the problem is.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

KMS will officially support Firefox 3 once it will be released as final version (which could take months - it's in beta 3 right now).

Problem with replying to HTML formatted e-mail in FF3 will be fixed in KMS 6.5.0. You can try it with current beta: http://www.kerio.com/beta_section.html
  •  
winkelman

Indeed. It's beta 3 that will be out soon, around 4 February. The final may be many months away.

Quote:

Beta 3 of Firefox 3 will be code complete on January 29 as planned.

That’s the news coming out of a meeting of Mozilla developers on Monday, who noted that there are just two fixes left to do before freezing the code.

With that, Mozilla will start the final builds of Beta 3 on February 4

From http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1944
  •  
epardee

I'm using Firefox v3 RC1 for linux with Kerio MailServer 6.4.1 patch 1 and I am having problems sending, receiving, forwarding, etc. I looked in the error console and I'm getting:
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMNSHTMLDocument.execCommand]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: https://mail.company.com/default/htmlEdit.js?v=2508c150120fb 0acf7b02c27c926b539 :: anonymous :: line 221" data: no]

As well as:
Error: df0 is undefined
Source File: https://mail.company.com/default/mailCompose.js?v=2508c15012 0fb0acf7b02c27c926b539
Line: 109

When I click Reply or Forward, there is no data in the message body. When I click Send or Save, there's no response.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 May 2008 03:00]

•  
winkelman

epardee wrote on Wed, 28 May 2008 02:55

I'm using Firefox v3 RC1 for linux with Kerio MailServer 6.4.1 patch 1 and I am having problems sending, receiving, forwarding, etc.

That's because Firefox 3 is not supported in KMS 6.4.1. You need to upgrade to the latest KMS to have limited Firefox 3 support.

Then the schedule will most probably be as follows: Firefox 3 needs to reach final status and in the next released KMS after that I'll bet it's fully supported.

So for now upgrade to KMS 6.5.1 and you'll see it works (while not fully officially supported though, but hey).
  •  
mwesten

Running KMS 6.5.1 here with FF3 Gecko/2008060304 Minefield/3.0pre on OSX 10.5.3

Cannot say KMS webmail works for me.
Still a lot of javascript errors or code just not working like supposed.

Just have to wait for Final FF3 I suppose Smile

Max
  •  
gomezj

Open kerio on Firefox v3. After you log in, Go into Settings button. In the sub menu select Settings again. When the User Settings menu appears select the "Mail Composing" tab. Remove the check from the "Compose messages in HTML format". That should work. Please let me know if it those.

Juan
  •  
epardee

Thanks Juan.
Fortunately my company upgraded to KMS 6.5.1. I'm running Firefox 3.0.1 and everything is functional.
Eric
Previous Topic: Simple Syncing of Public Contacts Pool?
Next Topic: Spam Filter training
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:24:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00652 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.