Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Unable to print after firewall installation (Unable to print after firewall installation)
  •  
indianajones

Send a private message to this user
Greetings fellow users,
I recently installed the Winroute firewall. I have an integrated modem and wireless router. I also have a dlink DP-G321 wireless print server connect to an old HP laserjet. The print server has been assigned a static IP address through the router. My desktop and laptop are connected to the network and internt through the wireless network. The router assignes IP addresses to all devices connected to the wireless network.
I was able to print without any problems until I installed the firewall! The print server is configured according to dlink user manual as a TCP/IP port with LPR. The Now my print requests just sit there blinking at me! If I shut down the firewall, the printing goes though just fine!
I'd appreciate any help in fixing this issue.
Merry christmas

IJ
  •  
indianajones

I searched the forum for similar problems and found one with asked for debug logging to be enabled. After enabling dropped packets I get the following:
24/Dec/2007 03:05:02] {pktdrop} packet dropped: filtered and dropped by traffic rules (to Wireless Network Connection, proto:TCP, len:48, ip/port:10.0.0.4:4033 -> 10.0.0.24:515, flags: SYN , seq:1729977923 ack:0, win:16384, tcplen:0)
[24/Dec/2007 03:05:08] {pktdrop} packet dropped: filtered and dropped by traffic rules (to Wireless Network Connection, proto:TCP, len:48, ip/port:10.0.0.4:4033 -> 10.0.0.24:515, flags: SYN , seq:1729977923 ack:0, win:16384, tcplen:0)

Looks like it's a configuration problem, but I'd like somebody's help to figure this out.
Thanks

IJ
  •  
indianajones

Setup a new rule enabling any traffic from one on the PC's to the printer IP and IT WORKS!!
Sorry for the post, I guess I got a little desperate!
Merry Christmas

IJ
Previous Topic: Connecting to an IPSEC 3DES Tunnel
Next Topic: NAT Web Server internal access
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:34:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00375 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.