Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can't send mail
  •  
osalkk

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everybody,

I have two kerio mail server.One of them is located on my isp and I use it as smtp relay .Also users from my branch offices get mail via spop3.The other server is located on my office and I have users here also.Let me explain my config and my problem.On relay server I use "if receipent was not found on this domain forward the message to another host" to send mail to my office server.If a mail comes to branch office users get it via spop3.If mail comes to a office user relay server sends it to office server.On office server I use alias to sort mails.I also use "* to info<_a.t_>mydomain.com" alias for mails coming anything<_a.t_>mydomain.com ( I don't want to miss any mail coming to my company ).The problem begins here... Crying or Very Sad
When a office user send a mail to branch office user , mail goes to info<_a.t_>mydomain.com , not to branch office user ; I think becase of the "* alias".I cant send mail to branch office users.I don't want to miss any mail because sometimes customers sends important mails to "nfo<_a.t_>mydomain.com not to info<_a.t_>mydomain.com".
Is there anything to solve this problem.

( I hope that I could explained my problem. Embarassed )

Thanks
  •  
osalkk

Come on I need help urgently Crying or Very Sad
  •  
winkelman

Call support if you need urgent help...

But there's no problem to solve because your mail server is doing exactly what you want it (or at least, you told it( to do. As soon as you make an * alias, there's obviously nothing to send forward when "if recipient was not found on this domain forward..." anymore.

Your only option is to get rid of the * alias. You could of course create other alias that don't catch everything, but do catch common typos in addresses.

•  
BudDurland

Quote:

When a office user send a mail to branch office user , mail goes to info<_a.t_>mydomain.com , not to branch office user ; I think becase of the "* alias".I cant send mail to branch office users.I don't want to miss any mail because sometimes customers sends important mails to "nfo<_a.t_>mydomain.com not to info<_a.t_>mydomain.com".

I suspect this is happening because the "office" mail server thinks it is the end-point for the domain. The branch office user's don't exist there, so the mail is delivered to the alias. I think that if you change the office users settings so that their out going SMTP server is the Kerio server at your ISP, everything will work as expected.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Comments re: NotifyLink?
Next Topic: Pop3 Reception loop
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 18:00:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00387 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.