Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Can I share internet from 2 adsl by one computer with three network card?
  •  
utapana

Send a private message to this user
In the pass, My college have 1 adsl(2 mbps). I use KWF to sharing and caching internet. I use one computer with 2 network cards (1 card for adsl and 1 card for LAN).

Now I have 2 adsl(2 mbps + 2 mbps). Can I use KWF to sharing and caching internet by using one computer with 3 network cards (2 cards for adsl and 1 card for LAN)?

If I can, please recommend the manual link to me.

Thanks,

Tapana
  •  
winkelman

No, KWF is not meant to be used for load balancing across multiple Internet connections. (You can only do failover...) There are little hardware devices out there that could do it. You could put such a thing between your 2 ADSL lines and the KWF computer. I don't have anymore details about this, however.

Perhaps you can cancel 1 ADSL subscription and upgrade the other to a faster connection?
  •  
FRiC

I also think it would be better to go for a single, faster connection.

Using two connections simultaneously is good for web browsing only, not very good for other things that need incoming connections (games, p2p).
  •  
Nordica

Is this a function that we/i can hope will be implemented in KWF??

Really nice to be able to use the second connection for more than failover. One for web browsing/mail and the other for the web/mail server.
  •  
JOSEJAD

But, It would possible to use one adsl to navigate, mail, etc... and the other one to the vpn?

Thanks in advance
  •  
winkelman

JOSEJAD wrote on Fri, 11 January 2008 10:16

But, It would possible to use one adsl to navigate, mail, etc... and the other one to the vpn?

Yes, that would be possible (because then you are not so much dividing services across connections, but you are simply connecting three different IP networks/segments: LAN, VPN, Internet). It would require you to define static routes and IP segments, etc. (so this implies some networking knowledge), but I think it's possible.
  •  
JOSEJAD

Thanks for the replie.
I'm afraid my knowledgements about network will not be enough. If someone has any similar configuration and can post an example...
Thanks again, if I do it, I will post how I did it.
  •  
germanr

I have 2 ADSL in 2 clients with a multiwan router that connects to the winroute box. It works fine but you have to make double NAT. It is the only solution we could get in our country because there are not ADSL larger than 2MB.
We used micronet routers like de SP891 that cost about USD 200. They make the load balancing and you can specify certain services that go through the ADSL you want (that helps in case you have one dynamic ip ADSL and one fixed and you want the sending of mails though the fixed)
hope that helps.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
Previous Topic: ISS Problem
Next Topic: Vista, VPN, Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 06:57:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.