Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » receiving problem!!!
  •  
needless

Send a private message to this user
hi there,
ive installed kerio mailserver and create a domain and users!
i checked all the services(pop3 and smtp) ! they work well! I dont know why i couldn' receive emails e.g. from my hotmail domain. I can send emails but i can not receive :(
ok it would be nice if you could hepl me!
thx
bye

[Updated on: Mon, 15 March 2004 17:06]

•  
yacine

Hi,

What is your mail domain and do you have an MX on it ?

Yacine.
  •  
Zakk

do you recieve mail sent by your hotmail account via webinterface or you want to empty the hotmail-mailbox with kms ? (the 2nd case didn't work, since hotmail do not support that feature)
  •  
needless

hi there,
i think that i ve mx on!! my mail domain is for example <at>test.com ! <at>yacine ;)

i wanna send e.g from my hotmail or yahoo domain to my creating mail with kms! but i can receive emails :( i dont know why! <at>zakk
  •  
Zakk

you can't empty your hotmail-mailbox with kms. you can only handle your hotmail account via the web interface OR with oulook/outlook express. it's a propritray protocol.

you can only empty mailboxes you have access through pop3 or imap. -> use another mail-provder-account that support pop3 or imap.

for your domain you need an mx zone value AND an always-on mailserver with static ip, for example with a pop3-drop-mailbox. then you can empty the drop box and parsing the different user with kms.
  •  
needless

hi<at>all
hmmm what does it mean "mx"`? :| im not sure what it is! but i have an static ip! if i wanna send a mail from my web.de account (german) after 2 minutes ive receive a masage from a daemon! it can not be send! damn...!

•  
Zakk

for your domain <company.com> you must define entries at your provider, for example:

name|time-to-live|type|priority|destination
--- 86400 A --- 123.123.123.123
--- 86400 MX 10 mail.company.com
mail 86400 A --- 123.123.123.123
www 86400 A --- 123.123.123.123
ftp 86400 cname www

123.123.123.123 = your ip

this is nececary for recieving any mails trough your domain.
  •  
needless

hi zakk thx for information but im a beginna and i dont know where i can fill out this entries? :(
thx
bye
  •  
Zakk

ask your domain provider for zone entries.
  •  
neilwr

OK just to throw another spanner in the works?

Are you behind a router? maybe you are having a DNS problem. Do you have your own DNS or are you relying on your providers DNS.

If so put yout ISP dns on your server in the DNS entries?
  •  
needless

hi<at>all
hi neilwr! can you explain how i to do it! im a beginner in those things^^
it would be good ;)
thx
bye

ps: i have not a own dns ! i ve a provider http://www.dynu.com/

[Updated on: Thu, 18 March 2004 18:02]

•  
sirjosi

probably a dns issue. make sure youve set up your mx right.

which dns server are you using?

if you have a mail.domain.com as your mx, make sure you can ping mail.domain.com from outside of your network

pay it forward
-sirjosi
Previous Topic: defaults for webmail
Next Topic: kmsreport.pl
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 03:26:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.