Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Speedtouch 511e + KWF + HUB + client PC's is it possible?
  •  
joar

Send a private message to this user
Specs:
ISP type: PPPOA connection - Dynamic IP
Windows XP SP 2
AMD Athlon 64
ADSL Modem: Speedtouch 511e
Gateway: 10.0.0.138
Client PC's: All Windows XP SP2

1 PC I'm using act as server and 8 PC connected and Speedtouch 511e both connected to HUB. How can I make this work wherein my PC I'm using act as Internet Server to client pc's?

I wan't to do this: I get the internet from my ADSL modem then I share them to client pc's .. Do I need to use 2 LAN Cards for this?

Anybody share their configurations? on How to?

[Updated on: Tue, 01 January 2008 08:31]

•  
winkelman

joar wrote on Tue, 01 January 2008 08:31

I wan't to do this: I get the internet from my ADSL modem then I share them to client pc's .. Do I need to use 2 LAN Cards for this?

Yes, the KWF PC has to have 2 NIC's and sit between the Internet and your LAN (HUB).

The way to setup would be:

Internet <--> ADSL modem <--> PC with KWF <--> HUB <--> rest of network
  •  
joar

What would be the configuration on the KWF? and in the ADSL Modem?(Speedtouch 511e) what is the configuration?
  •  
winkelman

Please first read the manual and then come back with specific questions. It all depends on what you want, what you don't want, what rights you want to give users, and what not, etc. etc.

If you are just trying to get Internet access to you LAN PC's, then simply buy a cheap hardware router, plug it in and be ready to go... KWF is quite bare bones 'out of the box', and needs manual configuring to work beyond simply being a router. This requires you to spend at least some days tweaking, reading, trying, etc.
  •  
joar

I've already read, the manuals.. now I change my modem to Prolink H9200P which is 4-port ADSL modem.

ISP Connection type: PPPOE

MY PC(Server) with KWF is Windows XP SP 3
Clients/Workstation = Windows XP SP2
NIC cards:
NIC 1: VIA Rhine connected to ADSL modem
NIC 2: Realtek connected to Switch

Do I need to disable the DHCP server on the ADSL modem or not? Or just use a RASPPPOE which I haven't tried lately?
Previous Topic: Web Statistics do not display after upgrade to 6.5.1
Next Topic: Have a question about Binding IP to MAC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:50:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00395 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.