Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Public / Free Proxy Websites and Servers
  •  
JGALT

Send a private message to this user
Is there any fool-proof way of preventing users from accessing public proxy / free proxy websites (like proxify) from accessing them so that such users can not bypass Winroute?

I've tried enumerating as many proxy servers / websites in a URL filter, even used keywords...and still users would be able to find a new proxy server website to access to bypass Winroute.

This is becoming such a pain!

Comments / Help, guys........
  •  
FRiC

Keep adding to the URL filter? I had hundreds of sites filtered in mine. Rolling Eyes

What kind of users do you have, and what sites are you filtering?
  •  
raytaylor

Use the iss filter.

Under the url rules tab, under http policy:
create a new rule that matches the criteria 'rated by the ISS orange web filter system' click select rating and you will find anonymous proxys under IT > Anonymous proxys. This will analyse the pages as they load to determine if they are a proxy. This will add to your list and will help filter out even more proxy sites. I find it is pretty effective
  •  
henrysbox

ISS is not cheap if you have many users, but does the job well. Another alternative solution is to use an open DNS (opendns.com) there you can modify your configuration settings direct on their DNS.
Previous Topic: Help us do better
Next Topic: Email Account setting
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 22:45:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.