Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » migrating mailserver
  •  
oscar_alfonso

Send a private message to this user
hi, i need to move our mailserver from machine A to machine B. I have a few questions:

Is there a way to export and import all the user accounts?

Can I copy the store folder entirely to the new server? If I do this, the user accounts are migrated? and the messages in the mailboxes?

Thanks in advance.
  •  
78er

if you want replace machines only (both machines have same os, same version of kms and other stuff), then instal kms on new machine and copy whole \kerio directory from old to new and replace original installed files..thats all what u need.

else copy \store and \license directory and users.cfg and mailserver.cfg files from old to new...

[Updated on: Wed, 09 January 2008 15:27]

•  
oscar_alfonso

thank you for the answer, I'll try it tomorrow.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 January 2008 19:32]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Please don't forget to keep original file timestamps on copied files.
  •  
oscar_alfonso

? i don't understand this about timestamps... anyway, i did it without problems, everything ok. Thank you to all.
  •  
winkelman

oscar_alfonso wrote on Fri, 11 January 2008 09:40

? i don't understand this about timestamps... anyway, i did it without problems, everything ok. Thank you to all.

KMS takes the OS file systems time stamp as date for the email messages. So if at the OS level the time stamps change, so may the dates of the email messages in your mail application.
Previous Topic: Outlook 2003 outgoing rule?
Next Topic: sry. please ignore this post
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:56:09 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.