Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Motorola Q configuration
  •  
cbritt

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone had to configure a Motorola Q device to receive Kerio Mail?

seems to be pretty standard like other PDA's but it keeps erroring out on first initial sync.
  •  
88fingerslukee

I have three Q's working perfectly on KMS.

A couple of questions:

1.) Are you choosing to use SSL?
2.) If so, Have you imported your server certificate into the Q's cert database?

As far as I know the Q (and possibly WM5 as a whole) is incapable of importing it's own server certs. They have to be manually added. There is a program you can get (it's free) that will add the cert to the phone's DB.

1.) Create a folder in the root directory of your Q
2.) Copy VZW_SpAddCert.exe to this folder
3.) Copy your server.cer file to this folder
4.) Run VZW_SpAddCert.exe on your Q
5.) Select your cert to add it.
6.) Reboot the phone and you should be good to go

I'm attaching the file here. It works for Verizon phones as well as Bell (Canada) phones. I'm pretty sure it would work for other Q's too but I can't promise you anything.

If your problem is something else, I may be able to help, but it should work just fine.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 January 2008 00:10]

•  
88fingerslukee

I guess I should mention that the above steps are necessary only if you have a self-signed certificate (and desire to use SSL). The Q comes with the certs for all the previously vetted signing houses (e.g. Verisign) and should work.
Previous Topic: Beta 6.5: KOFF error
Next Topic: Sync calendar with Iphone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:55:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00367 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.