Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage 2008
  •  
na_tech

Send a private message to this user
Has any brave soul tried this with the latest KMS revision or is it strictly a 6.5 thing?
  •  
My IT Indy

I will test it with both 6.4.2 and 6.5 tonight when my copy is delivered.

**I have installed it and just upgraded my Entourage 2004 Identity. It seems to work just fine, it's a HELL of a lot faster than 2004 was on my MacBook Pro. 2004 took HOURS to sync my 500MB account, whereas 2008 took about 5 minutes to download everything and sync it up.

It looks better than 2004 did, and is definitely faster, however it sill doesn't sync tasks or categories to the server. I haven't had any problems as of yet so that's a good sign.

I haven't tested it with 6.5 yet, this test was with 6.4.2

[Updated on: Thu, 17 January 2008 02:02]

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
andy.korn

Sounds like good news so far, keep us updated. Surprised
  •  
My IT Indy

I think I just found a bug. If I open Mail and send an email, in Entourage that email will show up in Drafts and not in sent. Not just that but there's 3 of them in Drafts.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
sonofcolin

Haven't seen that happen here. Just tried it.
  •  
My IT Indy

It might have something to do with my smtp timeout setting. I have it set to delay for 25 seconds before sending.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
na_tech

As I type this I have Entourage 2008 pulling in my account from the KMS 6.4.2 server at work. There is nearly 700 megs worth of stuff in there and Entourage isn't even flinching. I'm quite impressed by this speed bump. Though the rest of the Office 2008 family seemed to receive more modest speed increases (from my unofficial testing, which consisted of opening up the apps and clicking around a lot), Entourage seems to be shining so far...
  •  
dcsf

I wonder if Kerio has any plans to fully support Entourage 2008 as there are many functions that use ports other than webdav...

The following is copied from Microsoft's site regarding ports used:

Default ports for Entourage 2008
Entourage 2008 uses default ports for standard communication protocols. Your network and account configuration may require some or all of the ports that are listed in the following table.

Default port Used for

80 HTTP
DAV uses HTTP for functions such as synchronizing mail, public folders, contacts, and events.

443 HTTPS
HTTP with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), if SSL is enabled for DAV

53 DNS queries
To locate the Active Directory global catalog server for a user account, Entourage sends DNS queries to DNS servers.

(and higher) DNS query responses

135 Assigning delegate rights

and higher
Connecting to a Microsoft Exchange Server for delegation rights assignment by Entourage client users.
For more information, see Exchange Server static port mappings (KB270836) in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (support.microsoft.com).

3268 LDAP global catalog searches
To obtain Global Address List (GAL) data, Entourage sends LDAP queries to the Active Directory global catalog server.

3269 LDAP global catalog searches with SSL

389 Other LDAP searches and authentication and domain password expiration check

636 Other LDAP searches with SSL and authentication and domain password expiration check

25 SMTP and SMTPS (SSL/TLS)
Many ISPs now use port 465 or port 587.

143 IMAP

993 IMAP (SSL)

110 POP

995 POP (SSL)

119 NNTP

563 NNTP (SSL)

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/itpros/default.mspx?CTT=PageVie w&clr=99-15-0&target=646bb214-079c-4eb1-90cd-0206229 83ba41033&srcid=598f107c-575b-4304-9219-bffc1c32f7ab1033 &ep=7
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I wonder is anyone has read the list of new features and change log for version 6.5.0. Entourage 2008 is fully supported in KMS 6.5.0, Entourage 2004 with all current KMS versions.

I'm not sure what do you mean by "many functions" as we do support all functions in Entourage compatible with Exchange 2003. Entourage with Exchange account use only WebDAV (80, 443), LDAP, and of course DNS (as any other client). It can use also other mail protocols as well (POP3, IMAP, SMTP).
The special ports (135, 5000 etc.) are used only by older MAPI clients. So the table is quite misleading. It actually says "Your network and account configuration may require some or all of the ports that are listed in the following table."
  •  
andy.korn

Version 6.5.0 Release Candidate 1 - January 15, 2008

Kerio MailServer:
+ Added support for Out-of-office setting in Entourage 2008.

Excellent news! No more logging into webmail!
  •  
fresh2000

You all seem to have luck setting up Kerio Mail Server with Entourage 2008.
I installed Entourage 2008 from my brandnew Office 2008 Home and Student. When reading the manual, I found out the ' Exchange' tab is missing in the ' Accounts' menu and can only be found in the Office 2008 Standard version. Anway.. I was wondering if I can still set it up through IMAP or something, I don't mind limited functionality.
Any ideas how I could set it up?
  •  
My IT Indy

The student/teacher version of Office 2008 no longer allows Exchange connectivity.

You could do IMAP for email only.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
fresh2000

HoosierMac wrote on Mon, 21 January 2008 17:11

You could do IMAP for email only.

Ok, and how do I set that up in Entourage?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Isn't this in the Entourage manual?
Enter IMAP server name, login, password. Choose SSL or non-SSL connection. That's all.
  •  
fresh2000

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Mon, 21 January 2008 17:50

Enter IMAP server name, login, password. Choose SSL or non-SSL connection. That's all.

Thanks, works now. Didn't know it was that easy to setup. Very Happy Although I got some strange mails in my sent mail box, that I actually haven't sent today. I am using KM 6.5.0 rc1, so I guess it could be some bug.

Previous Topic: Shared public folder between 2 different domains
Next Topic: migration tool
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 17:14:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01109 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.