Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio and Fax Servers? (Looking for a Fax Server that works with Kerio)
  •  
tnorbut13

Send a private message to this user
Our company is still pretty dependent on faxing to interact with our clients for sales orders. I am looking for a Fax Server solution that I could integrate with Kerio that allow for more unified messaging (ie sending faxes from Outlook through Kerio to Fax Server, receiving faxes into Outlook through Kerio from Fax Server). Anybody out there doing this right now?
  •  
88fingerslukee

I hadn't even thought about this, but our company is equally dependent on faxing and our machine is dying. This would be a beautiful idea for my inside sales staff.

I did some searching and found this:

http://www.hylafax.org/

There seem to be several clients that work with Outlook contacts. I intend on setting this up on a spare machine and giving her a go.

Have you already tried this? I'll let you know how my experience goes.
  •  
jslh

Hi,

You could try GFi FAXmaker as well. (www.gfi.com).

We have been using it together with KMS since v6.1

Yes, you could make use of the Outlook contact too.

Regards,
Joseph
  •  
sjourney

We use faxpress, by Castelle. Kind of have a love hate thing going on with it. it can use you outlook contacts to send. has an issue with KOC, but just tested with KOFF and it works great. It does have DID routing that we use to route faxes to users. But im sure there are better solutions out there...
  •  
heze54

Hi,

But, If kerio mail server runs under linux and clients under windows?

Is there any solution?

Best regards
  •  
88fingerslukee

The back end shouldn't make any difference. I have KMS running on CentOS 5 and our clients are running XP...everything runs swimmingly.

I have set up hylafax on another CentOS machine (4.5 this time, don't ask why) and it seems to run all right. There are many clients out there including simple print clients that attach the fax server to work as a printer port (Hylafax sends faxes in PS format so it's not a big step).

There are also options on it to setup email2fax but i'm still working my way through it.

It's definitely not the least complicated thing I've set up (not like Kerio...so easy) but it looks promising.

I'll keep this thread updated when I can.
  •  
jaldrich

I wonder if the developers are accepting suggestions for new features? I would think this would be a pretty popular add-on/feature. I understand that Exchange 2010 has a built in fax-to-email capability.
  •  
marook

In OS X environments I have customers using Apple's build-in Fax printer service, simply sharing that 'printer' to them.
There, it's just another print-job... don't know if PC's can use that Fax printer..

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
jaldrich

Thanks, but the Apple fax printer is not an option for us, as we do not have a single Apple machine in our network. Smile It might be something to consider if we had some Apple machines, but since we don't... Smile

In addition, with the MFP copiers we have (Kyocera 5050) we have the capability of printing to fax. What I'd really like is the ability to receive faxes and then put them in a particular public folder.

As I said, if the Developers are taking suggestions, I'd like to suggest they add fax 2 email and email 2 fax capability. At least the fax2email functionality. Especially since Microsoft has added that to Exchange 2010.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 December 2009 03:26]

•  
teco

Don't wait for it at Kerio...

A Faxserver was included in Version 5 and removed in Version 6 because "nobody uses Fax anymore"...

We use a MFC with LAN Connection. Maybe additional Alt-N Relayfax if the MFC has to much work to do...

Update: some typing errors...

[Updated on: Tue, 08 December 2009 16:50]

Previous Topic: One Client Cannot Access Mail Server
Next Topic: KMS and Windows Mobile 6.5
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 20:25:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00497 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.