Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Versions beta
  •  
cedric.alto

Send a private message to this user
Hi everybody ,
If i use a beta version of Kerio Mail server 6.5,in the future will I be able to use the stable version and keep my mails,contacts,etc.
Thx
  •  
jshaw541

cedric.alto wrote on Mon, 21 January 2008 00:49

Hi everybody ,
If i use a beta version of Kerio Mail server 6.5,in the future will I be able to use the stable version and keep my mails,contacts,etc.
Thx

Possibly, but that is not a guarantee at this time. Things may change substantially between now and final release. Beta versions are not supported.

As stated hundreds of times already, if you're not doing beta testing, you should be using a release version of the product. Although I realize some people like to live dangerously.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
cedric.alto

Than kyou for the reply,
i know it's not a good idea using beta but if i want a tool easy and transparent the kerio outlook connector is not adapted or less tha the Koff .
I don 't want to use two profils in outlook and the beta is the only way .
Cordialy
  •  
My IT Indy

Just hang on a bit longer if you want to install 6.5, I can't imagine it taking too much longer. I'm dying to install it at some clients as well, but I'm holding off until the final release.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
AgentSmith

Just checked the release notes of all KMS 6.5 beta version hoping to find that compatibility with Nokia's Mail for Exchange has improved. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it.

Sending mail with MfE simply doesn't work, receiving does but not constantly. Software in use:

- KMS 6.4.0
- Mail for Exchange 2.2.0 (on Nokia E61i)

For security reasons I only tried an SSL connection (on standard port 443).

Have you tested MfE compatibility?

*edit*
I'm sorry if my reaction caused any unclarity but I solved it. The problem was a proxy server in the phone's access point settings which prevented MfE from connecting properly. Simply removed it and now everything works like a charm! Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 24 January 2008 06:17]

•  
AgentSmith

How about release candidate 2? The release notes no longer mention that you can't upgrade. If that is true I am no longer reluctant to try KMS 6.5 until the final version is released.
  •  
My IT Indy

When I launched Outlook 2007 it told me it had to download a new version of the KOFF which it did. Then Outlook relaunched and told me it couldn't use the existing profile and to create a new one. I quit Outlook and then went into the mail control panel and deleted the old mail account and created a new one. Everything was fine after that.

That's what you will have to do on each workstation. That's why I have users begging for v6.5 I'm making them wait until it's final. I don't want to have to fix any disasters.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
AgentSmith

Could someone please confirm if release candidate 2 can be updated to future versions? Smile

When does RC2 expire?

[Updated on: Fri, 25 January 2008 16:24]

Previous Topic: Unix commands for KERIO
Next Topic: Open Directory users don't work in Leopard Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 11:54:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.