Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Quarantine spam question (Confusing)
  •  
snewpers

Send a private message to this user
I have KMS set up to send tagged spam to a quarantine account, but it seems it only does so for some accounts. All other tagged spam goes to the users' junkfolder, which isn't good. I don't want that, I just want all spam with a score between 5 and 9.5 to go into quarantine. Is there something I should turn off/on?
  •  
snewpers

Am I the only one that has set this up wrong?
  •  
jonahpa

I have the same problem.

Quote:

Tag score

If the rating reaches or exceeds the value set, the message is marked as spam. Kerio MailServer appends a special X-Spam-Flag header to the message that informs the email client that the message is a spam.

Downloading e-mails using Outlook posses a problem as clients never go to their webmail.

If the rating reaches or exceeds the value of the Tag Score, it sends the mail to the recepient(Client). But it does not go to the Inbox, rather to the Junk E-mail folder. Outlook does not download anything on the Junk E-mail folder so the disk space used for each account increases.

I want to send these Tag Score filtered spams to be sent to my Quarantine address. BUT HOW????

Please help.
  •  
sedell

jonahpa wrote on Wed, 30 January 2008 08:19

If the rating reaches or exceeds the value of the Tag Score, it sends the mail to the recepient(Client). But it does not go to the Inbox, rather to the Junk E-mail folder. Outlook does not download anything on the Junk E-mail folder so the disk space used for each account increases.

When creating POP3 accounts, uncheck the option 'Enable the default spam rule... ' on the second screen where you enter the Login name and User name. That'll stop the mail from going to the Junk E-mail folder, and they'll be delivered to the Inbox. If it's already enabled, log into webmail, go to the Spam tab of the settings window, and unchedk 'Move spam to the Junk E-mail folder'.

snewpers wrote on Tue, 22 January 2008 03:44

I have KMS set up to send tagged spam to a quarantine account

No you don't. The quarantine you want the mail delivered to is specified in the section for the Block score handling. There isn't a quarantine for tagged messages. Tagged mail gets delivered, so there's no need for a quarantine.

jonahpa wrote on Wed, 30 January 2008 08:19

I want to send these Tag Score filtered spams to be sent to my Quarantine address. BUT HOW????

Why are you even tagging messages at all? If you don't want users to get tagged messages, disable tagging. You'd have to block the mail instead of tagging, so set the Block score to be the same as the Tag score.

Scott
Previous Topic: Problems with downloading Migration from Microsoft Exchange Tool
Next Topic: Spam Rating
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:41:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00379 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.