Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Cannot install latest Kerio Winroute Firewall trial.
  •  
ajay

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We've tried Kerio Winroute about 1-2 years ago and have since uninstalled it. Yesterday, we downloaded the latest trial from this website but cannot install it. The error says it found an older version of Kerio Winroute Firewall and that it couldn't remove it...please contact your technical support rep. Unfortunately, since I'm not the same admin that installed the older version back then, I do not know what version "was" installed. Obviously that version of Kerio was not removing all of its traces from the registry during uninstall.

I also noticed that both of our nics, in its tcp/ip properties of Win'2003, display Kerio Winroute Firewall...-lower filter or something like that. When we try to uninstall it it just says that this is required for the system to boot and cannot be uninstalled.

We've tried deleting every reference made to Kerio in our registry and some of the files it places in the system32 and system32\drivers directories but we still cannot install your latest trial. The tcp/ip adapter no longer shows Kerio Winroute firewall - lower filter but it's still there, and can be selected or deselected...the only difference is that it's now blank, including the description (probably because we've removed its entries from the registry).

All references to these keywords were removed from the registry:

- kerio, winroute, kvpn, kwflower.sys and some other k*.* files I can't recall at this time. We've also deleted these files from the system32 dir.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I've tried searching your support files and google, but although others had similar issues (kerio winroute not removing all of its traces) I could not find a solution that works for us.

Thanks,
Andrew Jay.
Previous Topic: Problem with Outlook POP3 through KWF
Next Topic: how to connect a outside ftp
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 06:39:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00628 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.