Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Winroute can protect static ip adress ?
  •  
progamers

Send a private message to this user
Hi ,
first sorry for my poor english ....
I would know if winroute can protect some static ip adress from being assigned manually ?

I try to explain:
i'm trying a trial version of winroute 6 on a little school wich plan to buy licence if it work.
let's assume the network are on 10.x.x.x
Winroute firewall server is on 10.0.1.1 Printer on .2 - .5 AP wifi on .10
each are manually static ip adressed. and some teacher have static ip from 11-20 .
For student DHCP winroute assign .50-.100

All work perfectly BUT ...

you know student .... with laptop when a teacher shut down computer student assign himself IP adresse statictly on laptop ex: 10.0.1.12
and have full access to internet local network etc.....

I know using accounting AD security and user password but this is a small private school and do not have real server (only an XP pro running winroute ...)and teacher ar not able to put a simple user and password (it's stupid i know) but director would like this work like before with simple old d-link router.

old D-LINK router have a very nice and easy option on it's DHCP server (static ip reservation per mac adress)

so when teacher shutdown his computer ex: 10.0.1.12 can not be assigned manually per a student or anybody else. it's rejectetd by router and have access to nothing if static ip is not on MAC adresse registered in DLINK DHCP protection.

Is this possible with winroute or i need a external software for protect static IP ?

i'm very sorry for my english and i hope you understand what i try to explain Embarassed

thanks for your help

SPRL Progamers Informatique

Previous Topic: How correctly to get users for work from a proxy?
Next Topic: HELP ... user (A) can login with user (B) password ..
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 22:47:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00370 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.