Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio or Outlook?
  •  
Christophe

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have two problems with Kerio and Outlook 2003, and i would like to know if it is a Kerio problem or an Outlook problem.

1. When i have more than 90-100 mails in a folder, i can't go to messages on the bottom in the "list-email pane".
(On Webmail, i can navigate to see all the messages)

2. Sometimes, in the Outlook pane, i see the same email all along the list of emails. When i click, the title is refreshed and i have the true title in the list (for that message).
Also (not really tested, just rememberings), if i put a window in front of Outlook, then remove this window, the titles are all good.

Is there anyone who has the same problems?

Thanks

--
Christophe D.
  •  
AgentSmith

That sounds like a dirty installation of outlook to me. Try to repair the outlook installation through add/remove software in the windows control panel and see if that helps.
  •  
Christophe

The problem happens on several computers and detect/repair does nothing for the problem.
I tried also to remove Outlook and reinstall it with no result.

--
Christophe D.
  •  
simonkenning

If you are using KOC have you tried disabling Outlook Integration / Email Scanning in your Antivirus client? The integration facility in most antivirus clients can cause problems when KOC is used especially if you connect to KMS via IMAPS. I have found this to be a problem in the past.
  •  
Christophe

I tried without McAfee Antivirus (that we have with Kerio) and it doesn't solve the problem.

If that can help:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (11.8169.8172)
Part of Microsoft Office Standard Edition
- Kerio Outlook Connector
Version 6.0.5
Same problem on a Office 2003 computer, with Small Business Edition.

--
Christophe D.
  •  
sedell

Christophe wrote on Tue, 29 January 2008 12:25

- Kerio Outlook Connector
Version 6.0.5

That could be your problem right there. The 6.0.x line had lots of issues. You should look at updating to a more recent version.

Scott
  •  
Christophe

I've upgraded to 6.4.2.
It seems to work: i can see more than 100 mails in a folder.

I was thinking that KOC was upgrading automatically Confused

Thanks.

--
Christophe D.
  •  
sedell

Normally it does upgrade automatically. There was an exception though. There was an update - I can't remember which off hand, it was somewhere in the 6.0.x line if I remember right - that required a manual update to the KOC.

Also, the KOC requires a connection to the web component on the mail server for the automatic update to work. If you've changed default HTTP port, shut it down, or have something in between the client and server blocking HTTP traffic, the upgrade will not work.

It would be a good idea to verify the versions on your PCs. Both the KOC version, and the server version have to match. Mixing versions could potentially corrupt the user mail store, and lead to other problems like what you are seeing.

Scott
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It was upgrade from 6.0.9 to 6.0.10. All further upgrades are fully automatical (if properly configured).
Previous Topic: SMTP Server should forward anything, but block unknown user
Next Topic: Spamserver is eating al my RAM
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 05:39:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00509 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.