Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can anybody recommed a nice "new mail" notifier?
  •  
jaikudo

Send a private message to this user
Can anybody recommend a nice, simple and free system tray resident new mail notifier utility for Windows? All it has to do monitor the user's IMAP Inbox and make an indication when new mail is received.

I know that there are loads of utilities like this but all of the ones we tried so far were not very good. If anybody can recommend a good one then that will save a lot of bother.
  •  
peteman101

The one we've used for years is simplecheck. You can find it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/simplecheck/. It's very simple and you can choose how you want it to notify you of emails (blinking icon, window that pops up, etc.). Very small program, simple, and rock solid for us.
  •  
BudDurland

The problem we had was that most such utilities only handle POP3 accounts, not IMAP. However, we did find IMAPNOTIFY from Vandyke software and have been using it for quite a while with good results.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
jaikudo

I assume that a POP3 based notifier would miss any new messages filtered straight into a folder other than the Inbox?
  •  
winkelman

jaikudo wrote on Wed, 30 January 2008 10:25

I assume that a POP3 based notifier would miss any new messages filtered straight into a folder other than the Inbox?

Yep, that would be the case.
  •  
BudDurland

jaikudo wrote on Wed, 30 January 2008 04:25

Also, I don't think the POP protocol has any distinction of "new". The couple we tested always told you the total number of messages in the INBOX.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Firefox 2.0.11 Visual Glitch
Next Topic: Alert message
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 05:39:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00440 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.