Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Error login to website (cannot access a webmail based server using KWF ver 6.4)
  •  
pradeep

Send a private message to this user
Network setup : workgroup of roughly 140 users, 7o of which use internet. The Winroute firewall machine is setup on an xp pro sp2 os, i have just installed KWF ver.6 and has upgraded to 6.4.1. Everything was working fine, was able to set up blocked websites, allowing certain users access to certain sites, and so on. However, our webmail based email is not getting through. The website is http://www.diamondmotors.co.tt/webmail , after enetering this address what comes is either the page cannot be displayed or "connection to server www.diamondmotors.co.tt failed (The server is not responding), it redirects actually to http://www.diamondmotors.co.tt:2095/. We are also using an older proxy server here using winroute firewall 4. and i am getting through fine with that, what is happening is that the address takes you to a windows login prompt for you to authenticate to a server with the domain www.diamondmotors.co.tt
where you have to enter a username and passord (we do have the correct usernames and passwords). I have also tried typing in the address after logging in , on the new proxy but that doesn't work. The address is also in the user group to allow access under the http policy in wnroute administration but that does not work either. Can you tell me what kind of configuration i need to do to allow access to this website.help please.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It's very simple. Check your traffic rules if network connections to port 2095 are allowed (it is not HTTP!). Enable debug logging and try to find out what's wrong.
  •  
pradeep

ok will try again, also additional help required it seems that browsing the the internet is fine, however my outlook and outlook express is not working for users, can you tell me what configuration i can do to fix, need help ASAP
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Add a traffic rule to allow outgoing POP3 (or IMAP) and SMTP with NAT enabled.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
pradeep

ok wasn't able to try this as yet, i had no choice but to depend on my old backup server today until i solve these problems, so i went back to dialup to test on the machine, now i am getting dns lookup failed error, i removed all the policy rules and started the wizard from new to set up using dialup instead of dsl all other rules were left as default, i even performed an ipconfig /flushdns command but still error appearing, also tried both disabling and enabling the DNS forwarder but same thing. The debug log says when trying to log in to my home page (msn.com)"DNS started, bound to address 209.92.210.124. Web interface started bound to address 209.94.210.124.Web interfaceSSL started bound to address 209.94.210.124. HTTPProxy started bound to address 209.94.210.124. UPnP started bound to address 209.94.210.124. SSL-VPN started bound to address 209.94.210.124.Update checker :check for update.." after that it stays there then the DNS lookupfailed error occurs on the client machine. I can't even browse the internet on the server when the winroute is up it says page cannot be displayed. Help please.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

"Enable debug logging" means enabling DNS debug messages in the debug log. Right click in the debug log and select correct debug options. Read the manual for details.
I can't help you without the debug log with DNS debugging.
If you change your ISP connection, you usually have to always change DNS server because each ISP allows to use only own one.
  •  
pradeep

Our dialup preferred and alternate DNS settings are :

Ok, i right click in the debug log and under the messages section i checked the boxes DNS messages under the Winroute Services and Decoder protocols (they were unchecked). After i tried to log in again on a client machine the debug log on the server now reads : DNS resolver :DNS name resolved as 0.0.0.0, setting another DNS forwarder :196.3.132.1, Querying server 196.3.132.2, query id=1 (this happened 3 times) DNS resolver :resending DNS item 1,Querying server 196.3.132.1, query id =1, DNS resolver :resending DNS item 2,Querying server 196.3.132.1, query id =2, DNS resolver :resending DNS item 3,Querying server 196.3.132.1, query id =3, DNS resolver :resending DNS item 1,trying another DNS forwarder: 196.3.132.4, Querying server 196.3.132.4, query id =1, DNS resolver :resending DNS item 2, trying another DNS forwarder: 196.3.132.4, Querying server 196.3.132.4, query id =2, DNS resolver: resending DNS item 3, trying another DNS forwarder 196.3.132.4, Querying server 196.3.132.4, query id=3, DNSResolver: removing DNS item 1, retransmitted 3 times, DNSResolver: removing DNS item 2, retransmitted 3 times, DNSResolver: removing DNS item 3, retransmitted 3 times,Update checker check for an update.

I then tried logging on after both with the DNS forwarder enabled and disabled but nothing. I know you said to change the DNS server when isp changes but how, i have no dns server machine. I also tried on the LAN tcp/ip properties to put the isp dns ip addresses there but still didn't work
Previous Topic: Kerio VPN Server behind firewall
Next Topic: setting internet explorer by automatic configuration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:31:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.