Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Scheduled out of office replies
  •  
mmccloy

Send a private message to this user
I'm wondering if there is a function in KMS that allows for the out of office auto-response to be scheduled? I did try setting appointments with the status of 'out of office', but unless I change my status to out of office, it doesn't seem to work. Anyone know how to do this or if it's possible?

Thanks in advance!
Mike
  •  
Nexus

This cannot be done at the moment as far as I can see.

This would be a nice feature and I second this.

Exchange Server 2007 supports this feature.

•  
mmccloy

Yeah, I wasn't sure about it. I know when you set the out of office reply, there isn't a scheduling option. But a good way to do it would be to simply have a checkbox that says, 'Send message during Out-of-office appointments'. Then in the calendar you could set appoiintments with a status of out of office, and kerio would send it out only during those times.

If anyone knows a way this could be achieved now, that would help me out a lot, but if not, a nice feature request Smile
  •  
blackbox

Has a feature request been formally submitted to Kerio?
  •  
mmccloy

I just spoke with ...shoot, forgot his name... at Kerio support and he said he would put the request in. Maybe he will post here to confirm that. Seems like people are interested in it and it would be a valuable feature.

The support rep also told me that you can customize the script for a mail filter - not sure if it'll work but its written in a language called RFC 3028. I'm going to look into it a bit and see if I can code something that'll work. If I have any luck I'll post back here. In the meantime maybe the folks at Kerio will add the feature Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 31 January 2008 18:01]

•  
88fingerslukee

Yeah, this is a good feature idea.

Anybody know if it's possible to set the OoO replies to only reply to an email address once?

Sometimes I have to send multiple emails to somebody who is OoO and don't really want to get mass OoO replies.
  •  
yukiomishima

agreed

would be great.... as well as the ability to set somewhere how often OoO replies are auto sent... i believe at the moment that it is set to 7 days with no easy way to change

would be nice to be able to set it either globally... or per user

thanks

yukioMishima
  •  
mmccloy

The default frequency for OoO replies is 7 days and I believe the only way to change it is in the mail filters area. You can edit the script and change the 7 days to whatever you like. I'm not sure if the rule language will allow us to schedule the response. Haven't had a chance to research it yet.

I heard from Gary at kerio and he told me that there is a request on file for the feature to allow the 'out of office' reply to come on automatically when a user marks themselves out of office on their calendar. It is suggestion number 27647. They added my request to it. Gary followed up to say: "Unfortunately, it cannot be predicted when this feature may be implemented." Maybe if more of us contact Kerio with the request it will get built. In any case, it's on their list and with some luck it'll be added. Would be a very valuable feature.

Previous Topic: Connect to Users Adress Book
Next Topic: Reply to all group
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 06:56:10 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00443 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.