Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Can winroute block internet radio/video, youtube, skype, etc? (questions before we buy.)
  •  
Lixunata

Send a private message to this user
We need a easily managed software product for small corporate LAN.

We need to following tasks to be handled by that software:

1. Block internet streaming, not only url/application, but preferably, protocol (rtsp, mms, or whatsoever) based.

2. Block youtube and similar videosharing services.

3. Block MSN, ICQ, Skype and other instant messengers.

4. Block bittorent, emule and other P2P

5. Block any VOIP/SIP traffic

I've read some of FAQ's before posting this topic. For some questions (p2p or MSN) there are answers, but I was not able to find any information about ability to block live streaming and video-sharing.

Can Winroute Firewall handle these tasks?
  •  
simonseztech

You can block protocol, p2p and web site.

For youtube and other site, I think you will need to block web site individually.
  •  
Kerio_jwu

How to block MSN messenger
http://support.kerio.com/kb/366

If you have ISS enabled in Kerio WinRoute Firewall, you can save time by using the database to block all IM IPs and other categories that you want to block.

http://www.kerio.com/img/kwf/IM-blocking.png
Previous Topic: Control bandwidth for large files
Next Topic: How to share internet for my Local Network?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:18:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00431 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.